Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Ex 192/almost free

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 192/almost free
    Message de here4u posté le 29-11-2020 à 22:13:08 (S | E | F)
    Hello, Dear Friends,

Voici votre nouvel exercice de thème anglais ... : certaines phrases faciles, d'autres plus délicates ... des longues, et d'autres plus courtes ... et faciles ? C'est vous qui le direz ...
    Quoiqu'il en soit, cet exercice est un et la correction sera en ligne le dimanche 13 décembre 2020.

I) Translate into English:

1. Maxwell : " Tu n'y es pas allé avec le dos de la cuillère, dis-moi". "Ah, il faut ce qu'il faut ! De deux choses l'une : soit tu prends le taureau par les cornes, soit tu es dans le déni le plus total et mènes la politique de l'autruche."
    2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez." (ATTENTION ! Maxwell veut les DEUX expressions !) Merci Maxwell !
    3. « J’étais censé appeler mon père avant midi, mais son bateau ne capte pas … Il va s’inquiéter … »
    4. « On vous a mis dans une situation dans laquelle vous n’auriez jamais dû être … »
    5. « On t’a élevé en t’habituant à cacher ce que tu ressentais vraiment … C’est pourquoi je ne comprends pas ta réaction. Ca ne te ressemble tellement pas … »
    6. « Chaque famille a ses problèmes … Celui-ci est le tien, mais laisse tomber, il n’y a rien à faire ! » « C’est plus facile à dire qu’à faire ! »

II) Expression: OPTIONAL:

Do you think Xmas is for kids only and not for grown-ups… What’s the best Xmas present you’ve ever been offered ? (130 words)

I give you THE FORCE and hope it will help!

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de chekos, postée le 01-12-2020 à 11:10:04 (S | E)
    Hello my friend !

I have to admit I've cheated on almost every answers , nothing came automatically to my mind.

Ready to be corrected

1. Maxwell : " Tu n'y es pas allé avec le dos de la cuillère, dis-moi". "Ah, il faut ce qu'il faut ! De deux choses l'une : soit tu prends le taureau par les cornes, soit tu es dans le déni le plus total et mènes la politique de l'autruche."
    Maxwell : you didn't go in for half measures, did you ?- It takes what it takes ! Now, one of two things : either you take the bull by the horns or you are in total denial and you are burrying your head in the sand.

2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez." Merci Maxwell !
    Maxwell : I'm going after him, he will get his. Wait ! This smells like a trap (pas trouvé mille lieues, dsl). Thanks Maxwell !

3. « J’étais censé appeler mon père avant midi, mais son bateau ne capte pas … Il va s’inquiéter … »
    I was supposed to call my father by noon but there is no reception on his boat. He's going to get worried

4. « On vous a mis dans une situation dans laquelle vous n’auriez jamais dû être … »
    They put you in a difficult situation where you should never have been.

5. « On t’a élevé en t’habituant à cacher ce que tu ressentais vraiment … C’est pourquoi je ne comprends pas ta réaction. Ca ne te ressemble tellement pas … »
    You've been raised being used of hidding what you really felt. That's why I don't understand the way you reacted. It's really not like you.

6. « Chaque famille a ses problèmes … Celui-ci est le tien, mais laisse tomber, il n’y a rien à faire ! » « C’est plus facile à dire qu’à faire ! »
    In all families, you have issues. This one is yours but forget about it, there is nothing you can do. It's easier said than done.

Thank you and have a wonderful week !

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de magie8, postée le 03-12-2020 à 18:46:32 (S | E)
    hello
    READY TO BE CORRECTED

You didn't go in for half measures,did you"."It takes what it takes!It is one or two things ! either you take the bull by the horns or you are in total denial and you burying your head in the sand."

2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez." (ATTENTION ! Maxwell veut les DEUX expressions !) Merci Maxwell !
    " This one, I am gonna do to myself...He'll get what's coming to him..." "Stay still! it is look like stab in the back thousand leagues away
    I have a strong whiff of about it.(I can smell a rat).

"I was supposed to call my Dad before midday but his boat isn't picking up. He is going to be worried..."

"You have been put in a situation where you should never have been..."

. « On t’a élevé en t’habituant à cacher ce que tu ressentais vraiment … C’est pourquoi je ne comprends pas ta réaction. Ca ne te ressemble tellement pas … »
    "You were brought up getting used to hiding what you really felt...That is why I don't understand your reaction.It is so unlike you..."

"Every family has its problems....This one is yours,but keep it easy,there is nothing you can do about that!.""It is easier said than done!" .

Do you think Xmas is for kids only and not for grown-ups… What’s the best Xmas present you’ve ever been offered ? (130 words)

Noël is not only for children , Noël is not only gifts and the santa Claus's legend,but above all a biblical event,a religious feast perpetuated to send a message of peace between Peoples and families who come together in joy.In ancient times, on the fringe of the winter solstice festivities,it was a period of celebration dedicated to the worship of the sowing and fertilty god.
    My most beautiful Christmas present was a doll with all its genuine Haute Couture dresses. Christian Dior's employees had recreated in miniature and sewn all the last collection'patterns with fabric scraps.An unique gift through the whole world. I felt like a very important personality .(115)

ouf, pas très sûre de moi pour les résultats mais gros travail

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de joe39, postée le 04-12-2020 à 18:47:07 (S | E)
    Hello dear here4u,
    A sleigh , drawn by reindeers,
    Is running high
    In the starry sky,
    Loaded with gifts.
    Maybe one of those,
    will be for me.
    But in the meantime,
    Waiting for it to come,
    I send you my try,
    Ready to be looked,
    And marked for the mistakes

Tell me, you didn’t go in for half-measures. “ « Ah, whatever it takes is to be done! One of two things: either you have to take the bull by the horns, or you are in total denial and hide your head in the sand-."
    2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez."
    (ATTENTION ! Maxwell veut les DEUX expressions !)
    tHAT one, I’m going to do myself…and he'll regret it… “wait! It smells like a setup a thousand miles away/The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

"I was expected to call my dad before noon, but his boat isn't picking up… He's going to be worried…"
    "You were put in a situation that you should never have been in ..."
    You have grown up getting used to hiding what you really feel.
    That’s why I don’t understand your reaction. You don’t seem to be really you.
    Every family has their own problems…. This is yours, but let it go, there is nothing you can do! It’s easier said than done!

I think that Xmas is, nowadays, for both kids and adults. It wasn't so, at least in my country, until the 50s, when Santa Claus and the Xmas tree came on fashion, gradually "downgrading" the crib.
    It represents the start of a period (from December 6th - Saint Nicholas till January 6th - Epiphany) during which a frenzy for exchanging gifts dominates the minds of people. Of course, the children are the happiest, because the period of gifts is lasting a month for them, while adults have to be "satisfied" with what Xmas day and New Years-eve are "offering" them in terms of presents, lunches, dinners etc.
    Short before Xmas 1950, after my father got remarried, I was taken home from the orphanage: the best Xmas gift I've ever received. 129

Thanking you very much for the nice exercise, I hope you have a great weekend.

So long.
    Joe39

-------------------
    Modifié par joe39 le 11-12-2020 12:17

-------------------
    Modifié par joe39 le 13-12-2020 18:39

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de taiji43, postée le 05-12-2020 à 17:22:59 (S | E)
    Je viens de recopier tout l'ensemble car j'avais tout effacé.

Maxwell : you didn't go in for half measures, did you ?-Ah, you have got to do things properly or you should do what should be done?????? ! Now, one of two things : either you take the bull by the horns or you are in total denial and you are burrying your head in the sand.

2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez.Merci Maxwell !
    That one, I am to do him over... he lose nothing to wait... "Wait! There is a strong smellstrong like a thousand leagues low trick (MERCI MAXWELL, it is a short sentence but it‘s worth it)

I was supposed to call my father by noon, however his boat doesn’t get reception. He's going to worry about

You have been put in a position which you should never have been in

You've been raised ,getting used to hidding what you really felt. That's why I don't understand that your overreacted. It's really so unlike you

Each family has their problems... This one is yours , however let it go , there is nothing to be done It's easier said than done.

Dear Here4U,

Christmas is coming up...
    Here's a little Christmas preview seen by the kids?

READY TO BE CORRECTED

Recall: In the beginning, it was a Christian holiday: Regardless of what anyone may think or believe, the birth of Jesus marked our Western culture.
    Nowaday, it became a tradition, a family gatherin, often composed of three generations which have a friendly get toghether in order to feast, giving and receiving gifts however above all numerous gifts given to the youngest by Santa Claus according to the tradition
    Yes, endeed, Christmas is certainly the children's holyday because these toddlers, even if they no longer believe in Santa Claus' excistence ,they will pretend.to still beleive it.. to preserve t , their imaginary worlds, the marvelous which penetrate into their lives and will remain imbedded in their memories . And we, it may not be a holiday especially for adults but through them we share these magical moments and relive those of our childhood 136

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de here4u, postée le 05-12-2020 à 23:13:34 (S | E)
    Vraiment désolée pour toi, Taiji !

Merci de ton courage !

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de chocolatcitron, postée le 07-12-2020 à 17:58:29 (S | E)
    Ex 192/almost free
    Message de here4u posté le 29-11-2020 à 22:13:08 13 décembre
    Hello my dear Here4u and Maxwell, thanks!
    Hello each of You!

FINISHED!

Here is my work:
    “You haven’t messed about, for sure.” “Ah, we need what you need! A double solution but one: either you take the bull by the horns, or you live by refusal and practice ostrich-like approach.”

2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! Ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues/à plein nez."
    “That one, I’m going to get him… he doesn’t get what’s coming to him…” “Wait a minute! Far from me, that stabs in the back/I can smell a rat.”

“I was meant to call my father before noon, but his boat doesn’t get: he must be worry about… “

5. « On t’a élevé en t’habituant à cacher ce que tu ressentais vraiment … C’est pourquoi je ne comprends pas ta réaction. Ça ne te ressemble tellement pas … »
    . "You were raised by getting used to hiding what you really felt ... That‘s why I can’t understand your reaction. It’s not really like you!

Each family has their problems… This one is yours, but forget it, there is nothing to do! “ “It’s easier said that done!”

Do you think Xmas is for kids only and not for grown-ups… What’s the best Xmas present you’ve ever been offered? (130 words)
    If adults know that Santa Claus is a tale, they have kept their child’s soul! Magic Christmas represents sweetness, love, families.
    I still enjoy seeing that lightened streets, magic shops windows, hearing and singing Christmas's songs, building a nativity scene!
    But I hate its business and debauchery stalls.
    At Primary school, I was given an orange and two pieces of black chocolate: that was great! I knew that it would be my only present, as we were poor.
    I even preferred those years rather getting more expensive objects I disliked… such as dolls because I had a dream!
    Finally, I was offered a guitar for kids when I was fourteen: I still play it! It sounds very well! My cats love when I find the notes of my favourite songs. 130 words.

Finally, I adopted my two she-cats, eight fish, two rats, all rescued. Waiting for animals during more than forty-five years of patience, we have been sharing our lives, still building our happiness.
    So, animals can’t be any presents for Christmas as they are sensitive beings: mines are the greater presents in my life! 😺❤️😺

I give you THE FORCE and hope it will help!💪☀️❤️
    See you soon and stay safe, all of You!

-------------------
    Modifié par chocolatcitron le 14-12-2020 14:05

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de maxwell, postée le 09-12-2020 à 18:25:37 (S | E)
    READY TO BE CORRECTED
    Hello Here4U
    I loved your exercises, so useful, interesting and not too difficult, and so appropriate for Christmas Thanks a lot!

1. " Tu n'y es pas allé avec le dos de la cuillère, dis-moi". "Ah, il faut ce qu'il faut ! De deux choses l'une : soit tu prends le taureau par les cornes, soit tu es dans le déni le plus total et mènes la politique de l'autruche."
    "Say, you didn't go in for half-measures!"  "Ah, it takes what it takes! It's one of two things: either you take the bull by the horns, or you are in total denial and are burying your head in the sand."
    2. " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez." 
    "I'm going to do him... he'll get his just deserts. " "Wait a minute! Something's wrong here, the whole thing stinks to high heaven / it smacks of a trap." 
    "I was supposed to call my father before noon, but his boat can't get a signal... He's going to worry..."
    "You've been put in a situation that you should never have been in."
    "You've been raised getting used to hiding what you really felt... That's why I can't understand your reaction. This is so unlike you..."
    "Each family has its own problems... This one is yours, but let it go, there's nothing to be done!" "It's easier said than done!"

Xmas is a family celebration where we banish everyday's annoyances and we let in joy, happiness to make this day a great moment for kids as well as for grown-ups. The Xmas spirit and all it holds (giving, understanding, helping, loving, hoping) concerns everyone. Of course, kids should not be the only ones to receive presents. Grown-ups should also make gifts to each other, or at least, give proof of love. I can't choose one best Xmas present among those I've been offered. I've loved them all so much and they were so useful or pleasant. Yet I do remember a present I was given at the age of four by my father, which unfortunately flopped... But it made me think about it, long after, and I wish I could have loved that gift. (140 W)

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de maya92, postée le 12-12-2020 à 16:26:19 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u,

Translate into English:

You’ve made no bones about it have you ? (you did not go in for half-measures) Oh, you’ve got to do things properly ! Two things one, whether you grasp the nettle (grasp life by the throat) or you are in a total denial and you bury your head in the sand”

2. Maxwell : " Celui-là, je vais me le faire ... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." " Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues
    à plein nez."

That one, I’m going after him (I’m tagging him– I’ll finish him off).. he has another thing coming « Wait ! I can smell a rat a mile off – (You can say its an underhand trick a mile off – it smacks of an underhand trick for miles around)

3. « J’étais censé appeler mon père avant midi, mais son bateau ne capte pas … Il va s’inquiéter

I was supposed to call my father before noon but his boat can’t be connected…He will be worried

You’ve been put in a situation in which you shouldn’t have been in

You’ve been raised being taught to hide what you really felt. That’s why I don’t understand your reaction. It’ so much unlike you..”

Every family have their own problems. This one is yours, but forget it there’s nothing to do. Easier said than done

Thank u - Have a nice Week end

Réponse : Ex 192/almost free de here4u, postée le 13-12-2020 à 23:30:46 (S | E)
    Hello, Dear Workers!

Encore une fois, vous avez répondu bravement au défi que je vous avais lancé ... Un très bon travail. BRAVO à tous.

1. Maxwell : "Tu n'y es pas allé avec le dos de la cuillère, dis-moi". "Ah, il faut ce qu'il faut ! De deux choses l'une : soit tu prends le taureau par les cornes, soit tu es dans le déni le plus total et mènes la politique de l'autruche."
    «Say! You didn’t go in for half measures…» « Well, it is what it is! Two possibilities: either you grasp the nettle, or you’re in total denial and bury your head in the sand…»

- Ne pas y aller avec le dos de la cuillère : not to go in for half measures/
    - il faut ce qu’il faut : it is what it is!/ Needs must!/ well, you might as well do things in style! / You have to do what you have to do" - whatever is necessary must be done.
    - De deux choses l’une : There are two ways of looking at this./ Two possibilities: either … or …/
    - Prendre le taureau par les cornes : to grasp the nettle/ to bite the bullet/
    - Etre dans le déni : to be in denial/
    - Mener la politique de l’autruche : the ostrich approach/ to bury your head in the sand/ the head in the sand policy/ the 'ostrich with its head in the sand' policy/

2. Maxwell : "Celui-là, je vais me le faire... il ne perd rien pour attendre..." "Attends ! ça sent le coup fourré à mille lieues / à plein nez." (ATTENTION ! Maxwell veut les DEUX expressions !) Merci Maxwell !
    "Oh that guy… I’m going to do him! He'll get his just deserts!" "Wait a minute! Something's wrong here, the whole thing reeks of deceit / smacks of a trap."

- Ne rien perdre pour attendre : get what you deserve/ get what’s coming to you/ lose nothing by waiting/ have nothing to lose by waiting.
    - ça sent le coup fourré : it smells/ stinks/ reeks/ of deceit/ stinks to high heaven /smacks of a trap/
    'Just Deserts' or 'Just Desserts'? | Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com) he gets his just deserts.
    - to smack of a trap : ça sent le piège à plein nez…
    - un coup fourré : dirty trick/ cheap trick/ a stab in the back/
    - mille lieues : à mille lieues | WordReference Forums / far away from/
    - à plein nez : à mille lieues | WordReference Forums reeks of/ to stink of/ to smack of/

"I was supposed to call my dad before noon, but his boat is out of cell phone range… He’s going to worry…"

- Etre censé : to be supposed to
    - Midi : midday/ noon/ twelve/
    - Ne pas capter : not to have reception/ to be out of range/

"You were put in a position you should never have been in."

- Dès que vous avez le pronom indéfini « on », pensez d’abord à la forme passive si le sujet qui fait l’action n’est pas de première importance. En revanche, si vous êtes inclus dans le groupe sujet, mettez «we». Si le sujet vous est extérieur => you/ He/ She/ they/ en fonction du contexte.
    - «a position you should…» = a position that/ which/ ou 0 ; to be in a position= être dans une situation.
    Vous avez plusieurs choix : «a position in which you should never have been»= forme soutenue, un peu formelle, fréquente à l’écrit.// «a position [that] you should never have been in.» (si vous mettez le «in» devant «which», vous ne pouvez pas le remettre à la fin !) // Si vous choisissez «a position where you should never have been» il est impossible de mettre «in» (in where) n’existe pas !(Cette forme est moins satisfaisante.)

"You were brought up to hide what you were really feeling… That’s why I don’t understand your reaction… How unlike you!"

- être élevé : to be brought up/ to be raised/
    - « ce que tu ressentais vraiment » : ne fait pas allusion à un moment précis du passé révolu (preterite simple), mais plutôt à cacher les émotions ressenties au fil du temps, lorsqu’elles arrivaient => preterite en ing.
    - « Ca ne te ressemble pas ! » How unlike you!

6. « Chaque famille a ses problèmes … Ceci est le tien, mais laisse tomber, il n’y a rien à faire ! » « C’est plus facile à dire qu’à faire ! »
    "Every family’s got their issues... This one’s yours, but forget it… There’s nothing to be done!" "Forget it? Its more easily said than done!"

- Chaque = "each" pris dans son individualité/ "every": pris dans son universalité => reprise du pronom au pluriel.
    - Laisse tomber : give it up/ drop it/ forget it/ forget about it/ just ignore it/ save your breath/
    - "C’est plus facile à dire qu’à faire" = it’s easier said than done/ it’s more easily said than done (en utilisant le passif)

Tous ceux d'entre vous qui ont fait l'expression ont très bien travaillé et ont souvent écrit de belles petites histoires ... Bravo!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux