Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Ex 212/some training for you!

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 29-09-2021 à 19:59:24 (S | E | F)
    Hello, dear workers, and Learners!

Voici le nouvel exercice (du thème aujourd'hui !) que je vous ai préparé. J'espère que vous serez nombreux à vous y frotter ... Je ne suis pas inquiète au sujet du niveau du travail que vous me donnerez ... Je sais que vous donnez toujours "your best!"

Chacun fait de son mieux et ce qu'il veut et peut. Personne n'est obligé de faire l'ensemble du travail ... Vous pouvez choisir ce dont vous avez le plus besoin, ou ce qui vous intéresse le plus ! Le groupe compte sur chacun !

I) Translate into English:

1. Ҫa lui prendra plus d'une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric-à-brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici …

2. Chaque partie de ce fouillis représente un projet, une histoire, quelque chose d’important pour beaucoup de gens …

3. Un bureau net et rangé signifierait, en fait, que l’on n’a pas mis du cœur à l’ouvrage …

4. Je ne m’occupe pas de ses affaires et elle de s’occupe pas des miennes …

5. « Comment peux-tu être aussi rabat-joie ? »

6. « Désolé de t’avoir déballé tous mes problèmes ! » « Est-ce que tu te rends compte que c’était répugnant pour moi ? Tu as vraiment dépassé les bornes ! »

7. Il est déboussolé, et maintenant, c’est à moi qu’il revient de le faire se sentir mieux.

8. « J’ai pris du retard … Désolé de t’avoir déçu et laissé tomber, mais je vais me racheter, je le promets … »

II) Optional: Expression in 130 words: You have a choice between:

A) Do you agree with sentence N°3? Develop your opinion.

OR:

B) Comment on the sentence: “Order is the pleasure of reason; but disorder is the delight of the imagination ”(Paul Claudel)…

THE FORCE is with You! for making the effort of doing this work!

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de riri7, postée le 03-10-2021 à 11:26:20 (S | E)
    Hello,

1)It will take him more than a week to overcome all this jumble he has managed to accumulate here.

2)Every item of all this paraphernalia represents a project,a story, something important for many people.
    3)A neat and tidy desk would actually mean that one has not put heart to work...

4)I don't put my nose in her business and she does'nt put her nose in mine.

5)" How dare you be such a killjoy ?"

6)"Sorry to have shown like that all my problems to you" "Do you realize it was disgusting for me? Ypu really crossed the line!

7)He is confused and now it is up to me to make him feel better.
    8)"I'm late in my work...Sorry to have disappointed you and let you down,but I promise I will redeem myself."

I think I agree more or less with Paul Claudel's sentence. On the one hand, according to me, too much order often means a lack of imagination and fantasy in someone's personality :people who give too much importance to order are not very funny and may be boring.
    On the other hand, I have to confess that my room is a chaos room, and this too, may be very boring ...
    So, everyone should try to search out the balance between order and chaos... between reason and imagination.

------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 03-10-2021 17:25
    gris

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de maya92, postée le 03-10-2021 à 16:57:56 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u,

1. Ҫa lui prendra plus d'une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric-à-brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici
    He’ll need more than a week to find his way through the odds and ends he managed to pile up in here …

2. Chaque partie de ce fouillis représente un projet, une histoire, quelque chose d’important pour beaucoup de gens …
    Each part of this jumble represents a scheme, a story, something important to a lot of people

3. Un bureau net et rangé signifierait, en fait, que l’on n’a pas mis du cœur à l’ouvrage
    Actually, a tidy and orderly office would mean one has not put heart into their work

I don’t mind her own business and she doesn’t mind mine

5. « Comment peux-tu être aussi
    How can you be such a killjoy ?

6. « Désolé de t’avoir déballé tous mes problèmes ! » « Est-ce que tu te rends compte que c’était répugnant pour moi ? Tu as vraiment dépassé les bornes ! »
    Sorry for pouring out all my problems ! Do you realize how disgusting it has been to me ? You really have gone too far !

7. Il est déboussolé, et maintenant, c’est à moi qu’il revient de le faire se sentir mieux.
    He is completely lost and now I have to make him feel better

8. « J’ai pris du retard … Désolé de t’avoir déçu et laissé tomber, mais je vais me racheter, je le promets … »
    I am behind my work .. Sorry for disappointing you and letting you down but I’m going to make up for it, I promise …

OR:

B) Comment on the sentence: “Order is the pleasure of reason; but disorder is the delight of the imagination ”(Paul Claudel)…

Entering John’s office is a relaxation for the mind : everything is perfectly in order. On his desk all the papers are put up in perfect stacks, in the closets all the files are hanging tidily Everything is so perfect that it seem a bit boring .. It is totally different in Bob’s office : papers everywhere, piles of files on every chair or armchair it’s just like entering Aladdin’s cave ! You can expect a treasure under every paper .. Certainly a delight for your imagination !

TU

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de melena53, postée le 03-10-2021 à 18:43:12 (S | E)
    Hello here 4u, I hope you have had a nice weekend. I’m ready to be corrected

1.Ҫa lui prendra plus d'une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric-à-brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici …
    It will take him over a week to find back his way through all the junk he has managed to amass here…

Each part of this mess represents a project, a story, something important to many people…

3. Un bureau net et rangé signifierait, en fait, que l’on n’a pas mis du cœur à l’ouvrage …
    A neat and tidy desk would mean, in fact, that no heart was put into the work…

I don’t mind her business and she doesn’t mind mine…

“How can you be such killjoy?”

« Sorry for unpacking all of my problems to you »
    “Do you realize that was repugnant to me? You really crossed the line!”

He is confused and now it’s up to me to make him fill better.

« I’m late , sorry for disappointing you and letting you down, but I will redeem myself, I promise you.”

II) B) Comment on the sentence: “Order is the pleasure of reason; but disorder is the delight of the imagination ”(Paul Claudel)…
    The first part of the sentence could have been said by a person like W. Churchill (order and reason). On the contrary, the second part is without doubt from an artist( disorder, imagination).
    Each of these statements sounds positive and right, depending on who identifies itself with one or even both of them.
    Some people take hours to find something, even being the champ of order, while other immediately and surprisingly find the requested thing, and that among a spectacular disorder
    In fact, Claudel describes, beautifully and in a very poetic way, the state of mind from the methodical ordered one and from the meticulous disorderly.

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de taiji43, postée le 05-10-2021 à 09:59:31 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u

Je renvoie mon travail que j'ai effacé plus haut

One more time , a new correction for you ...Thanks a lot

READY TO BE CORRECTED

1). Ҫa lui prendra plus d'une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric-à-brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici …
    It will take him more than a week to make sens of all this odds and ends he has managed to pill up here.

2). Chaque partie de ce fouillis représente un projet, une histoire, quelque chose d’important pour beaucoup de gens.
    Every item of all thisjumble represents a project, a story, something important (for or to ) many people.

3) Un bureau net et rangé signifierait, en fait, que l’on n’a pas mis du cœur à l’ouvrage …
    A neat and tidy office would actually mean that one has not put one’s heart into the work…

4).Je ne m’occupe pas de ses affaires et elle de s’occupe pas des miennes …
    I don't mind her business and she doesn't mind mine …

5). « Comment peux-tu être aussi rabat-joie ? »
    «Howcan you be such a killjoy ?»

6).« Désolé de t’avoir déballé tous mes problèmes ! » « Est-ce que tu te rends compte que c’était répugnant pour moi ? Tu as vraiment dépassé les bornes ! »
    «I am sorry, I have given vent of all my problems to you" "Do you realize how disgusting that wass for me? You really crossed the line! Or go to far»

7).l est déboussolé, et maintenant, c’est à moi qu’il revient de le faire se sentir mieux.
    He is confused and now it is up to me to make him feel better.

8).« J’ai pris du retard … Désolé de t’avoir déçu et laissé tomber, mais je vais me racheter, je le promets … »
    «I have fallen behind or I am behind scheduke ..Sorry to have disappointed you and let you down, however I promise I will make it up to you »

II) Un bureau net et rangé signifierait, en fait, que l’on n’a pas mis du cœur à l’ouvrage …
    it's an original thought ! If I understand correctly, when we ar e working , we should scatter our files, sheets of paper, grammars, dictionaries on the desk, in addition to a few ballpoint pens and blank sheets. This mess would show that we are working seriously... ???
    We could rather say that this heap of things is called "clutter" and that we are not going to find our way around,and we are going to look all the time for the right sheet of paper that will help us find and make progress with our work. Let's be serious,! a tidy desk shows that we are working without getting nervous without the hassle of finding what we need to work. Order on the desk saves time, leaving the clutter for the realm of creation, imagination... 136

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de magie8, postée le 06-10-2021 à 09:52:03 (S | E)
    Hello,

I) Translate into English:IN PROGRESS

1. Ҫa lui prendra plus d'une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric-à-brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici …
    It will take more than a week to find his way through all the junk he has managed to collect here

Each part of that clutter represents a project, a story , something important to many people

A neat and tidy desk would in fact mean that you didn't work your heart out.

I don't mind her business and she doesn't mind mine.

How can you be such a wet blanket ?

" I am sorry, I affloaded you all my problems !" " Do you realise how disgusting that was for me ? You overstepped the mark !

He is desorientated, and now it'up to me to make him feel better.

I ran late - I am sorry, I disappointed you and let uou down, but I'll make it up to you. I promise.

LA SUITE PLUS TARD

OR:

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de alpiem, postée le 09-10-2021 à 13:56:55 (S | E)
    hello Here4U and every one: Here is my 212 Some training:

It will take him more than a week to find his way through the odds and ends he has managed to stock here....

Every part of that mess means a project, a story, something important for a lot of people.

A clean and tidy desk will actually mean that we have not put the heart to work...

I don't mind her own business and she doesn't mind mine...

How such a wet blanket could you be !

Sorry for having put it all on the table !" " Are you aware that it was filthy for me? You were indeed beyond the pale !"

He is confused and now, it's up to me to make him feel better.

"I'm late...Sorry to disapoint and let you down, but I'll make up for it, I promise...."

OR:

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de maxwell, postée le 10-10-2021 à 08:39:49 (S | E)
    READY TO BE CORRECTED
    Hello Here4U
    Thanks a lot for this very interesting exercise. The time we spend on it is always worth it, undoubtedly!

It will take him more than a week for him to sort things out in all the junk he has managed to gather here...

Each part of this mess embodies a project, a story, something important to many people...

A neat tidy desk would actually mean that they didn't put their heart and soul into it...

I don't mind her business and she doesn't mind mine...

How can you be such a killjoy?

"Sorry to have unloaded all my problems on you! " "Do you realise how desgusting that was for me? You really went too far!"

He is confused, and now, it's up to me to make him feel better

"I'm running late... Sorry to have disappointed you and let you down but I'll make it up to you, I promise..."

II) Optional: Expression in 130 words:

That's typically the kind of caricatured and sweeping assertion that needs to be discussed.
    How about when you only work on your computer ? Many societies have taken the turn of technology and ask their employees to come to the office with their computers and leave the place clean at the end of the day.
    How about a lazy person's desk who leaves his desk in a mess constantly because it bores him to clean?
    However, I agree that a perfectly neat office isn't something natural when working and we need to think about cleaning after work to get it done. But you can't jump to conclusions and claim that the person didn't do anything all day long if their desk has always been tidy. You can only say that order matters to them. (138W)

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de chocolatcitron, postée le 10-10-2021 à 12:29:43 (S | E)
    Message de here4u posté le 29-09-2021 à 19:59:24 (S | E | F)
    Hello my dear HERE4u, thanks!
    Hi Everybody!

FINISHED !

He will be taken more than a week to get his/her bearings through this whole knicks-knacks he succeded in pile up here...

Each and every part of this mess represents a project, a story, something important, to many people…

A neat and tidy desk would mean, in fact, that one has not put one’s heart and soul into it

I don't take care of her business and she doesn't take care of mine...

"How can you be such a party-pooper?"

"Sorry I offloaded all my problems!" Do you realise that it was disgusting for me? You've really overstepped the mark! »

He’s disorientated, and now, it is up to me to make him feel better.

"I've fallen behind on ... Sorry to have disappointed you and let you down, but I will redeem myself, I promise it... »

A) Do you agree with sentence N°3? Develop your opinion.OR:

Tidying up my things allows me to be serene, I love order, and I fight my tendency to be messy. How much time wasted looking for my keys, my glasses, a document yet (too tidy), or an object that I buried somewhere, but for which I am unable to get my hands on it?!
    Specialist in unusual storage, my furniture and my computer are regularly stored.
    I have an ugly tendency to write badly and in all directions on the sheets to throw away, to use them at best, that is to say as long as the page is not blackened with scribbles, drawings, house plans, appointments, ideas for tests, or other poems, all this remains on my desk. But when I have to decipher those notes: I procrastinate.

130 words.

Bien ranger mes affaires me permet d’être sereine, j’adore l’ordre, et je combats ma tendance à être bordélique. Combien de temps perdu à chercher mes clés, mes lunettes, un document pourtant (trop bien rangé), ou un objet que j’ai enterré quelque part, mais pour lequel je suis incapable de remettre la main dessus ? !
    Spécialiste des rangements insolites, mes armoires et mon ordinateur sont régulièrement rangés.
    J’ai une vilaine tendance à écrire mal et dans tous les sens sur les feuilles à jeter, pour les utiliser au mieux, c’est-à-dire tant que la page n’est pas noircie de gribouillis, de dessins, de plans de maison, de rendez-vous, d’idées de tests, ou autres poèmes, tout cela reste sur mon bureau. Mais quand je dois déchiffrer ces notes : je procrastine.

THE FORCE is with You! for making the effort of doing this work!
    Here is the Force you need for marking.💪💪☀️❤️
    Have a sweet week and take care of yourselves. It was such a pleasant topic, thanks Here4u.
    See you soon.

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de here4u, postée le 12-10-2021 à 18:37:10 (S | E)
    Hello dears!

L'envoi de vos corrections a commencé aujourd'hui ... Il est encore temps de participer, même en partie !

Réponse : Ex 212/some training for you! de here4u, postée le 13-10-2021 à 23:16:12 (S | E)
    Hello, dear workers!

Thank you very much for working so well. You all did a very good job, really... Congratulations!

Translate into English:

1. Ҫa lui prendra une semaine pour s’y retrouver dans tout le bric à brac qu’il a réussi à amasser ici …
    It'll take him a week to wade through all the junk that he's managed to squirrel away in there.

- S’y retrouver : 2 sens à « se retrouver »!) to meet (up) at sb’s house/ find oneself/ end up/ find one’s way around/ get one’s bearings// wade through (comme nous l’avons vu dans la dernière version, "wade" implique que l’on avance péniblement … dans l’eau peut-être.)
    - Bric à brac : the odds and ends/ paraphernalia / the junk/ the mess/ knick-knacks/ hotchpotch/
    - Amasser : gather/ amass/ accumulate/ hoard/ pile up/ haul in/ add up/ collect/ rack up/ rake in/ squirrel away= image de l’écureuil qui amasse et garde pour plus tard.
    - « réussir à » : to manage to do something OU to succeed in doing something.

Every bit of that junk represents a project, a story, something important for a lot of people...

- Fouillis : jumble/ muddle/ clutter/ mess/ hotchpotch/
    - Every + verbe au singulier.

A clean immaculate desk actually would say/ tell/ you're not pulling your weight…

- « Bureau » a deux sens : la pièce : "the office" (où l’on travaille à l’extérieur)/ «study» (à la maison) et le meuble où l’on travaille : «desk» (qui est parfois – souvent – très encombré.)

I stay out of her business and she stays out of mine...

- Mêle-toi de tes affaires! Mind your own business! Ici, j'ai trouvé cette expression un peu trop neutre .../ to stick one’s nose into sb’s business/ poke one’s nose.../ pry into sby’s affairs/ nose around/ poke around/

How can you be such a killjoy?

- Rabat-joie: dull/ boring/ a killjoy/ a spoilsport/ a party pooper (très informel)/ a doomster/ a grinch/ a wet blanket/ damper/
    - Ne pas oublier l’article devant le nom! Such a ...

«Sorry I offloaded all my problems onto you.» «Do you even begin to realize how offensive that was? You’ve really gone way overboard!»

- Déballer : to give vent of/ spew out/ discharge/ dump/ pour out/ spill/ vent your spleen/ offload/ unload/ spit out/ unbox/ spill/ unload/ blab/
    - Répugnant : disgusting/ repugnant/ gross/ sickening/ distasteful/ loathsome/ repellent/ offensive : morally repugnant.
    - Dépasser les bornes : go beyond the pale/ go overboard/ way overboard/ be out of line/ go too far/ be OTT/ be over the top/

He’s messed up and now that's on me to make him feel better.

- Ētre déboussolé : to be thrown/ rattled/ confused/ unsettled/ disorientated/ disoriented/ disconcerted/ discomposed/ flustered/ flummoxed/ bamboozled/ messed up/ put off stride/

I’ve fallen behind… Sorry for disappointing you and letting you down… but I'll make it up to you…, I promise.

- Prendre du retard : fall behind/ fall behind schedule/ run late/ get behind with/ get behind schedule/ drop back/ drop behind/ fall behind/ lag/
    - Laisser tomber quelqu’un : to let somebody down/
    - Me racheter : to redeem (est moral et fort, formel aussi)=> redemption./ to mend one’s ways/ to make amends/ to make it up to sby : se faire pardonner. /

Un grand BRAVO et à tous nos travailleurs ! Bravo aussi pour l’expression qui a été très bien réussie et intéressante.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux