Idée de progrès/BacCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de mimi8822 posté le 14-04-2018 à 13:38:52 (S | E | F)
je passe mon oral de Bac dans deux semaines et j'aimerais savoir si ma fiche est correcte et si c'est bien ça qu'il faut faire pour la présentation s'il vous plaît; je sais que ça demande du temps et je vous en remercie d'avance.
IDEA OF PROGRESS
I’m going to deal with the notion of Idea of Progress. To begin with, I’d like to state a definition of and social contributes to make the world a better place. It’s the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy and quality of life.
In order to illustrate this notion, I will try to answer the question: Are women’s rights making progress?
In order to illustrate this notion, I have chosen 2 documents which we studied in class.
The first document is the speech made by Hilary Clinton at United Nations’ conference in Beijing. This conference is the fourth world conference on women. In her speech Hillary C. denounced discriminations suffered by women around the world in our society.
Forever, women were lower than men, they were dominated by us. They didn’t have rights. But their status has improved, they have acquired rights like the right vote and more liberty, but this is not the case in all countries. In a lot of country, billions of women are mistreated by their common law partners, their families, indeed according to Ms Clinton this is « a leading cause of death worldwide among women ages 14 to 44 is the violence that they are subjected to, in their own homes, by their own relatives. ». Women are only considerate like sexual objects, they only existed to satisfy desires of men, they are not considerate like full humans, such as Hillary said it « young girls are brutalized by the painful and degrading practice of genital mutilation. » & « women and girls are sold into a slavery of prostitution for human greed »
Furthermore, all this discriminations women don’t have the choice, the right to choose for her or her family like denounce Hillary Clinton: « Women are denied the right to plan their own families and that includes being forced to have abortions or being sterilized against their will ». In some countries, have a girl is a shame a disadvantage, thereby baby girls are killed at birth or mistreated, like the ex-first lady of USA stated it « Babies are denied food or drowned or suffocated or their spines broken simply because they are born girls ».
In this extract Hillary Clinton start her sentences by « it is a violation of human rights when… » it shows the fact that attitudes have involved today and woman is finally absolutely regarded as a human. She finished by: « human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights once and for all. » it symbolized that today women are equals to men and it will never change.
Selected readings from Toward a Meaningful Life: The Wisdom of the Rebbe (William Morrow, 1995), authored by Simon Jacobson
The second document is an extract of from Toward a Meaningful Life: The Wisdom of the Rebbe written by Simon Jacobson.
Men and women are different physically but not only, like said the author: « there are also differences in the way men and women think, speak, and behave. »
Men and women were created different to complete themselves and to be a person better together, he said: « There is absolutely no difference between a man and a woman, they are the male and female elements of a single soul ». It shows that men and women are different but their different complete them together, without woman, a solo man is less good than a man with a woman they make a pair who works together. A solo man is not complete without a woman and a woman is not complete without a man, they need the other.
He said that men are physically superior than women but this superiority couldn’t be use to dominate women but to help women to be better than they are now.
Between man and woman, it must have an equality, man shouldn’t dominate woman: “men must concentrate on using her on using their dominant qualities for the good”.
Men and women are equals but they have their particularities, with these particularities they complete the other, man and woman make a pair. Man is not superior to woman, and woman is not superior to man.
As a conclusion, the liberties and rights of woman have change, they acquired more, attitudes towards women changed greatly, man is not superior to woman they are equals. However, persist discriminations to women, it must change in the next years.
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-04-2018 15:03
Réponse : Idée de progrès/Bac de laure95, postée le 14-04-2018 à 14:11:25 (S | E)
- I’d like to state a definition of and social (il manque des mots)contributes to make (mettre au gérondif)the world
- he speech made by Hilary Clinton at (article)United Nations’ conference in Beijing.
- This conference is (passé)the fourth world conference on women.
- Forever, women were lower than men, they were dominated by us (pas le bon pronom complément).
- They didn’t have (les mêmes) rights.
- they have acquired rights like the right (préposition)vote
- In a lot of country: pluriel.
- Women are only considerate (pas le bon mot ici: mettre le verbe to consider au participe passé)like sexual objects,
- they only existed (présent)to satisfy (article)desires of men,
- they are not considerate
- all this (this + singulier) discriminations women don’t have the choice, the right to choose for her (pluriel) or her (pluriel)family (pluriel)like (pas le bon mot ici) denounce Hillary Clinton (ordre des mots)
- have (mettre au gérondif)a girl is a shame (virgule)a disadvantage,
- thereby baby girls are killed at birth or mistreated: donner un exemple de pays.
- In this extract Hillary Clinton start(faute de conjugaison) her sentences
-and woman is (mettre tout au pluriel)finally absolutely regarded as a human (pluriel).
- it symbolized (présent)that today women are equals (adjectif invariable) to men and it will never change (on l'espère!)
- Selected readings from Toward a Meaningful Life: The Wisdom of the Rebbe (William Morrow, 1995), authored by Simon Jacobson:?
- The second document is an extract of from (choisir entre les 2 prépositions) Toward a Meaningful Life
- like (like + nom, as + sujet + verbe conjugué)said the author
- Men and women were created different to complete themselves and to be a person (pluriel)better together,
- their different (mettre le nom) complete them together , without woman (pluriel), a solo man is less good than
- they need the other: they need each other.
- He said that men are physically superior than (pas la bonne préposition)women
- but this superiority couldn’t be use (participe passé) to dominate women
- Between man and woman (pluriel), it must have (mal construit)an equality, man (pluriel)shouldn’t
- Men and women are equals
-they complete the other,
- (article)man and (article)woman make a pair. Man is not superior to woman, and woman is not superior to man.
As a conclusion, the liberties and rights of woman (pluriel) have change (participe passé)
- they are equals.
- persist discriminations: ordre des mots.
Il y a trop de citations!
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais