Bac Oral /ProgressCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de rossignol030 posté le 22-05-2019 à 16:39:33 (S | E | F)
je passe mon oral d'anglais ce lundi et j'aimerais, si c'est possible, que l'on me corrige mes fautes dans mon dossier. Je ne suis pas très forte en anglais et j'espérais me rattraper en ayant peu de fautes sur les 10 minutes d'expression.
Merci d'avance pour ceux qui prendront le temps de me corriger ce dossier !
I’m going to talk about the notion “Idea of Progress”. To begin with, I would like to define this word. The progress is the process of gradually improving to achieve or complete something. Progress affects people’s way of life since it involves many fields in relation to humans and it’s advances with a goal: making the world a better place. Thus, these advances have changed the American way of life that people display with their physical, psychological and economic environment on a day to day basis. I will be interested on the progress in America, since for many years the USA has been trying to develop new healthier and more environmentally friendly lifestyles. We may answer the following question: do new lifestyles represent a positive evolution for the USA? As a starting point, I am going to deal with the photograph entitled “A roof garden on a roof-top”, then I am going to focus on the photograph titled “A cycling path in California” and finally I am going to talk about the photograph “The zero waste family” by Starre Vartan in 2013.
In a first part, the photo entitled “A roof garden on a roof-top” who shows us two men on a roof garden. First of all, as indicated by the legend of the photo, the roof gardens are gardens on the roofs of buildings used for example to grow vegetables and for environmental purposes. Concerning the two men, the one in the foreground may be a farmer and the one in the background must be a cook. The two men are standing on top of a skyscraper: we can see the urban skyline. They’re watching patches of garden: it may be the vegetables which they’re growing. These crops may be organic, free of toxic products like fertilizers or GMOs. It may be for the meals and the menu of their restaurant. This stands in sharp contrast with typical US food which is junk food and fast food with sugar and grease. This one is healthier. It illustrates well the new American lifestyles: Americans are changing their habits since they are harvesting what they have planted.
My second point is about the photograph titled “A cycling path in California”. Firstly, the caption indicates that “California has often been associated with healthy lifestyle. From organic food to cycling paths, its citizens try to live a healthy life.”. The photo unveils us a city life scene: a large group of people riding their bikes for various reasons. It’s an environmentally deed. The atmosphere looks pleasant because it’s a peaceful atmosphere since there are no cars hooting and blowing their horns. The riders are enjoying the absence of pollution coming from the car exhausts. Besides, the temperature must be mild because they are wearing summer and casual clothes and sunglasses. This scene is unexpected since it is totally different from the clichés of individualistic Americans driving their cars. It’s a positive evolution since with bikes, there is more sharing and communication. We don’t see fat people either.
Finally, with the photograph “The zero waste family” by Starre Vartan, I am going to show you a new way of life in America that consists of limiting or completely eliminating its waste. In the photo, the scene take place in this lady’s kitchen, at home, in her house. We can’t see cardboard boxes with brands on the shelves of this cupboard because she puts all her food in glass jar. She probably buys her food in bulk or loose. Moreover, we can guess that it’s certainly organic food. That how you usually find food sold in organic food stores. She uses paper bags, bags made of fabric and bulk bags: she is concerned about sustainability. It doesn’t Americans traditionally eat a lot of fast food and produce a lot of garbage coming from the packaging of food. In the stereotypes, Americans eats bad food and buy their food in food truck or fast food. Here, on the contrary, this photo shows a major shift she is concerned by the sustainability. So she uses reusable bags and buy their food in bio shop. This photo shows us the awareness of some people about sustainable development: therefore they act for the environment by opting for a healthier and more ecological lifestyle.
To conclude, these three documents have revealed the new ways of life of some Americans. In this way, we have been able to discover healthier, more responsible and more ecological lifestyles that are in favour of the environment but also of the well-being of people. These are all positive developments that make it possible to develop better alternatives to transport and food. However, not all Americans have adopted these lifestyles since a large part of the population still uses the car a lot and eat junk food or fast food. But as Marie Curry says, the path to progress is neither simple nor quick.
Modifié par lucile83 le 22-05-2019 17:57
Réponse : Bac Oral /Progress de laure95, postée le 23-05-2019 à 10:56:59 (S | E)
- The (pas de the)progress is the process of gradually
- it’s advances with a goal:
- on a day to day basis: ?,
- I will be interested on (pas la bonne préposition)the progress in America,
- the photograph(y) entitled “A roof garden on a roof-top”,
- then I am going to focus on the photograph(y) (en)titled “A cycling path in California”
- and finally I am going to talk about the photograph(y) “The zero waste family” by Starre Vartan in 2013.
- the photo entitled “A roof garden on a roof-top” who (pas le bon relatif)shows us two men on a roof garden.
- the (pas de the)roof gardens are gardens on the roofs of buildings
- The two men are standing on (article)
- My second point is about the photograph(y) (rn)titled “A cycling path in California”.
- with (article) healthy lifestyle.
- its citizens try (présent en be+ing)to live a healthy life.”.
- there is (pluriel) more sharing and communication.
- We don’t see fat people either (pas le bon mot).
- that consists of (pas la bonne préposition)limiting or completely eliminating its waste.
- the scene take (faute de conjugaison)place in this lady’s kitchen,
- at home, in her house: choisir.
- because she puts all her food in glass jar (pluriel).
- It doesn’t Americans traditionally eat: mal dit.
- Americans eats (faute de conjugaison)bad food
- So she uses reusable bags and buy their (pas le bon possessif)food in (article) bio shop.
- a large part of the population still uses the (pas de the) car (plurile)a lot
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais