Compréhension/Barack ObamaCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais : Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de fannyb posté le 14-01-2021 à 22:31:14 (S | E | F)
nous devions faire un compte-rendu sur une vidéo d’un discours d’Obama de 2009.
Pouvez-vous s’il vous plaît m’indiquer si j’ai fait des erreurs?
This document is an extract of the video entitled “President Obama at the 2009 White House Correspondents’ Dinner" which show the speech of the president, from January 20th 2009, Barack Obama, speaking to an organisation of journalists in the White House corporation (Washington). This video was published on May 10th 2009.
First and foremost, the former president gives his definition of journalist, namely a job which inform the public and pursue the truth. On top of that, he explains the turning for the press. As a matter of fact, a lot of journalists lose their jobs because of the sweeping of the information which now end up in technology, such as the internet. This turning is owing to the development of technology and communication. Accordingly, these changes lead to a sense of uncertainty and anxiety about what the future will hold across the country. Beside, Obama declares that journalists play a key role in the USA. Actually, they permit the success of their democracy. To illustrate his point, he assures that Thomas Jefferson said if he had the choice between a government without newspaper or newspaper without a government, he would not hesitate to choose the latter. By the way, Obama explains that he count on them to help the Americans make sense of a complex world and tell the stories of lives the way they happen. He also counts on them for telling truth.
In a nutshell, Obama ,in a tone eloquent, praises journalists, it’s the purpose of his speech. To him, they are talented, creative, passionate and committed. Nevertheless, he may not agree with everything journalists write or report he may even complain from time to time about how you do their jobs. Nonetheless, he does agree with the knowledge that when they are at their best then they help all of us be at their best. Otherwise, he explains that a government without a tough and vibrant media of all sorts, is not an option for the USA. In my opinion, I think I'm quite influenced by the press because it's the only way I can keep up to date with current events. Still, I try to reassure myself with several sources and thus be able to develop my critical sense.
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-01-2021 09:46
Réponse : Compréhension/Barack Obama de laure95, postée le 16-01-2021 à 17:27:54 (S | E)
- an extract of (pas la bonne préposition)the video
- entitled “President Obama at the 2009 White House Correspondents’ Dinner" which show (faute de conjugaison) the speech
- the president, from January 20th 2009, Barack Obama: ordre des mots.
- speaking to an organisation of journalists in the White House corporation (Washington).
- his definition of (article) journalist,
- a job which inform (faute de conjugaison) the public and pursue (même remarque)the truth.
- without (article)newspaper or (article)newspaper without a government,
- he count on them; faute de conjugaison) to help the Americans (préposition)make sense of a complex world
- in a tone eloquent: ordre des mots.
- how you do their jobs.
- they help all of us (préposition) be at their best.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais : Questions sur l'anglais