Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Alice in Wonderland/correction

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Alice in Wonderland/correction
    Message de mini-sioux posté le 22-04-2010 à 15:26:16 (S | E | F)

Bonjour, j'ai un exposé à faire sur un livre ou un film. J'ai choisi Alice au Pays des Merveilles.
    Pouvez vous m'aider en vérifiant une nouvelle fois mon devoir; s'il vous plait.
    Merci d'avance et de pour toute aide!

Alice in the wonderland
    I'm going to speak about a film called Alice in the wonderland by Tim Burton.
    It's a fantastic film who tell the adventure of Alice. The action takes place in Great Britain in the last Century.
    The mains caracters are:
    -Alice, a teenager who must be married to a stupid boy. She always makes the same dream: she see a white rabbit and fall in a big den, where she discover a wonderland.
    -the crazzy hatter. Alice meet him in the wonderland.
    -the Queen of heart and the white queen; are two sisters. One is a small and bad queen with a big head. The second is a great and beautiful Queen; who prepares cakes or other thinks which can be make grow or make shorter.
    -the blue Caterpillar who smokes and speaks tell the true.
    - the white Rabit who looks for the veritable Alice.
    - the cat of Cheshire appeards and dispeards with magic power. He save the life of the crazzy hatter.

At first we see child Alice who makes bad dreams it's always the same.
    then a day during a party Alice run away. She won't be married. She see the rabit and leaves with it in the wonderland.
    the Caterpillar tells her that she must kill the jabberwock for save the wonderland; But she don't want kill anybody. Finaly she do it and save the wonderland.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 22-04-2010 21:02
    + titre corrigé

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de laure95, postée le 22-04-2010 à 18:38:38 (S | E)
    Bonsoir,
    Voici ce que tu dois corriger:
    Alice in the wonderland
    It's a fantastic film who (pas le bon pronom relatif: l'antécédent n'est pas une personne) tell (le sujet de ce verbe ne peut être qu'une personne) the adventure (pluriel) of Alice. The action takes place in Great Britain in the last Century.
    The mains caracters are:
    -Alice, a teenager who must be married (BE MARRIED: être marié) to a stupid boy. She always makes the same dream: she see (conjugaison!) a white rabbit and fall in a big den, where she discover a wonderland.
    -the crazzy hatter. Alice meet him (un animal n'est pas considéré comme une personne en anglais) in the wonderland.
    -the Queen of heart and the white queen; are two sisters. One is a small and bad queen with a big head. The second is a great and beautiful Queen; who prepares cakes or other thinks (orthographe) which can be make grow (pas la bonne forme) or make shorter.
    -the blue Caterpillar who smokes and speaks tell the true.
    - the white Rabit who looks for the veritable Alice.
    - the cat of Cheshire appeards and dispeards (orthographe) with magic power. He save the life of the crazzy hatter.

At first we see child Alice (ça ne se dit pas) who makes bad dreams it's always the same.
    then a day during a party Alice run away. She won't be married. She see the rabit and leaves with it in the wonderland.
    the Caterpillar tells her that she must kill the jabberwock for save the wonderland; But she don't want kill anybody. Finaly she do it and save the wonderland.

Attention! Tu conjugues à "she" comme aux autres personnes!

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de notrepere, postée le 22-04-2010 à 19:33:12 (S | E)
    Hello:

Le titre de cette histoire en anglais est "Alice in Wonderland". Pas de "the".

A laure95:
    "un animal n'est pas considéré comme une personne en anglais"

Sauf si l'animal parle.

Queen of heart = Queen of Hearts
    White Rabbit (double 'b')
    Cheshire Cat
    Crazzy Hatter = Mad Hatter

In English, these nouns are considered "proper nouns" and should be capitalized because these are the actual names of the characters, not just the description of who they are.

En anglais, we use the verb "to have" when talking about our dreams:

I had a bad dream.
    I was having a bad dream...
    I am having a bad dream...
    I hope that I have a good dream tonight...

Or: We use the verb "to dream"

I dreamt that I was driving down the mountain...
    Vois: Lien Internet

Aussi: La place s'appelle "Wonderland". La première lettre toujours en majuscule et pas de "the". Comme "Paris". On dit: I live in Paris, not I live in the Paris.

Alice has a dream about Wonderland.
    They want to save Wonderland.

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de mini-sioux, postée le 23-04-2010 à 10:55:22 (S | E)
    Bonjour, Hello
    thanks a lot!!!!

Pouvez vous m'aider encore un peu s'il vous plait en regardant ce que j'ai refait s'il vous plait?
    MERCI D'AVANCE!!!!!!!

Alice in wonderland
    It's a fantastic film which "tell" (quelle verbe en français irait?)the adventures of Alice. The action takes place in Great Britain in the last Century.
    The mains caracters are:
    -Alice, a teenager who must be married (BE MARRIED: être marié c'est ce que e voulais dire!? Alors comment dit on qu'elle doit se marrier? ) to a stupid boy. She always makes the same dream: she sees a white rabbit and fall (qu'est ce qu'il ne va pas avec ce verbe? in a big den, where she discover a wonderland.
    -the Mad hatter. Alice meet him in wonderland.
    -the Queen of Hearts and the white queen; are two sisters. One is a small and bad queen with a big head. The second is a great and beautiful Queen; who prepares cakes or other things which can be make grow (verbe irrégulier à quelle forme dois je la mettre: participe passé? ou grower? ) or make shorter.
    -the blue Caterpillar who smokes and tell the true.
    - the white Rabit who looks for the real Alice.
    - the cat of Cheshire appeards and disappear with magic power. He save the life of the Mad hatter.

At first we see Alice when she was child who have a bad dreams it's always the same.
    then a day during a party Alice run away. She won't married. She sees the rabbit and leaves with it in the wonderland.
    the Caterpillar tells her that she must kill the jabberwock for save wonderland; But she don't want kill anybody. Finaly she do it and save wonderland.

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de lamy, postée le 23-04-2010 à 22:32:30 (S | E)
    bonjour

voici une petite avancée. Je vous signale que vous avez oublié de conjuguer toutes les 3 PS du présent. A vous d'ajouter la terminaison. Ces verbes sont en rouge.

Alice in Wonderland
    I'm going to speak about a film called Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton.
    It's a fantastic film which tell (gardez ce verbe; ou remplacez "which tells" par "about") Alice's adventures. The action takes place in Great Britain last century.
    The mains characters are:
    -Alice, a teenager who has to marry a stupid boy. She always has the same dream: she sees a white rabbit and fall down a rabbit hole, where she discover a wonderland.
    -Mad Hatter. Alice meet him in Wonderland.
    -the Queen of Hearts and the white queen are two sisters. The first one is a small and bad queen with a big head. The second one is a tall and beautiful queen who prepares cakes or other things which can inflate or deflate.
    -the blue Caterpillar who smokes and tell the truth.
    - the white Rabbit who looks for the real Alice.
    - the Cheshire Cat appear and disappear like a wizard. He save Mad Hatter's life.

At first we see Alice when she was a child. She has bad dreams. It's always the same dream.
    Then one day during a party Alice run away. She doesn't want to get married. She sees the rabbit and live with it in Wonderland.
    Caterpillar tells her that she must kill the jabberwocky to save Wonderland. But she doesn't want to kill anybody. Finally she do it and save Wonderland.

Bon travail

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de mini-sioux, postée le 24-04-2010 à 10:49:32 (S | E)
    Alors voilà encore ma correction:

Excusez moi mais quand vous parlez de PS du présent de quel temps parler vous?

Alice in Wonderland
    I'm going to speak about a film called Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton.
    It's a fantastic film about Alice's adventures. The action takes place in Great Britain last century.
    The mains characters are:
    -Alice, a teenager who has to marry a stupid boy. She always has the same dream: she sees a white rabbit and fell down a rabbit hole, where she discovered a wonderland.
    -Mad Hatter. Alice met him in Wonderland.
    -the Queen of Hearts and the white queen are two sisters. The first one is a small and bad queen with a big head. The second one is a tall and beautiful queen who prepares cakes or other things which can inflate or deflate.
    -the blue Caterpillar who smokes and told the truth.
    - the white Rabbit who looks for the real Alice.
    - the Cheshire Cat appeared and disappeared like a wizard. He saved Mad Hatter's life.

At first we see Alice when she was a child. She has bad dreams. It's always the same dream.
    Then one day during a party Alice ran away. She doesn't want to get married. She sees the rabbit and went with it in Wonderland.
    Caterpillar tells her that she must kill the jabberwocky to save Wonderland. But she doesn't want to kill anybody. Finally she did it and saved Wonderland.

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de notrepere, postée le 24-04-2010 à 20:54:31 (S | E)
    Hello:

Bon travail!

Yes, the text in green should be in the Simple Present because you are narrating a story.

The action takes place in Great Britain in the last century.

She sees a rabbit and falls down a rabbit hole ... etc.

White Queen pas white queen

Bonne chance!

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de lamy, postée le 24-04-2010 à 21:41:25 (S | E)
    bonjour

Désolée pour les abbréviations. Il faut lire: 3ème personne du singulier de l'indicatif présent. Continuez comme l'indique notrepere.

Modestement

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de lucile83, postée le 24-04-2010 à 21:56:57 (S | E)
    Hello notrepere,
    You said:
    "un animal n'est pas considéré comme une personne en anglais"

Are you sure? if it is my pet or an animal I like, I'll say he/she, her/him etc...don't you do that in the USA?

Regards.

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de notrepere, postée le 25-04-2010 à 04:25:30 (S | E)
    Hello lucile83:

No, I didn't say that, laure95 did. Yes, in the USA, we regard our own animals very highly. (At least most people do.) I have two dogs and I think of them as my children. Mes deux bébés. I talk to them and they talk to me. They have names just like people. Now, when we are talking about "wild" animals, we tend to refer to them as "it". Watch out for it! Don't run into it! Don't step on it! Don't let it bite you!

In this instance, laure95 was saying that an animal isn't considered a person and I responded "unless the animal talks". There are many stories where the animals talk, so in that case, they are referred to just like people in most cases.

Bonne nuit et bons biscuits

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de lamy, postée le 25-04-2010 à 16:46:59 (S | E)
    bonjour

An animal (a pet, I mean, horses included) : HE or SHE ?

I found both forms in this American news release :

Police: Boy shoots dog he thought barked too much

Police say an 11-year-old Spotsylvania County boy shot a neighbor's dog because he thought it barked too much.
    The boy is being held at the Rappahannock Juvenile Detention Center on charges of animal cruelty and several weapons-related counts. He wasn't identified.
    The Spotsylvania County sheriff's office said Thursday that the boy shot Molly, a German Shepherd mix, on Monday with a .22-caliber rifle he had stolen.
    Molly's owner found her lying on his front porch with a gunshot wound to the neck. The dog was treated at an animal hospital and was released.

Lien Internet

Pour les chevaux, là où les Anglais les désignent au féminin, on trouve le masculin, le féminin et le neutre dans le même texte américain.

Au féminin:

Miss Pretty Promises collapsed near the finish line and struggled to rise on her shattered forelegs…. Miss Pretty Promises trembled as she tried standing on healthy hind legs and useless front legs. In an awkward kneeling position, her nose was buried in the dirt.

Blood oozed from the horse's ear, and she couldn't stand on her limp hind legs — she had broken her back.

Au masculin:

Even elite horses are at risk. At the Preakness Stakes on Saturday in Baltimore, favored thoroughbred Barbaro took a bad step at the beginning of the race and fractured his right hind ankle. By 7:30 p.m., Barbaro was being taken to Pennsylvania for an operation vets hoped would save his life, according to the Washington Post.

Au neutre:

A horse that bobs its head probably is hurt somewhere, Marsh said, and warrants a closer look.

Lien Internet

On voit bien, au départ de ces exemples, que le sexe de l'animal est pris en considération, et que quand on parle du cheval en général, il devient neutre.

Je rappelais aussi que les Anglais parlent de leurs chevaux et de leurs bateaux au féminin.

Pour l'anecdote, ils parlent aussi des bébés au neutre...

Modestement

-------------------
    Modifié par lamy le 25-04-2010 16:49

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de notrepere, postée le 25-04-2010 à 17:22:54 (S | E)
    Hello:

C'est exact, lamy. When speaking about animals that are not your own, or when speaking in general, or about wild animals, we often use "it". I guess it would have been better to say: use personal expressions for your own animals (or in stories that have characters as animals), but use the impersonal (it) in other circumstances.

Réponse: Alice in Wonderland/correction de mini-sioux, postée le 28-04-2010 à 16:13:21 (S | E)
    Merci beaucoup pour toute votre aide!!!!!
    MERCI ENCORE!!!!!!!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux