Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Explication/correction

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Explication/correction
    Message de lesvie posté le 17-01-2011 à 09:33:32 (S | E | F)
    hi everybody
    je voudrais que vous me corrigiez ce petit paragraphe s'il vous plaît.

I was busy this weekend because when I finished to work the last friday at 18h30,I was going to the village for to do the end of the mourning period for my father. however the saturday, we had to do a wake prayer at 21h and the sunday,at 8h30 we do the high mass. at the end everybody was coming at home for the party.

Thank you for your help.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 17-01-2011 09:34

Réponse: Explication/correction de alphonse46, postée le 17-01-2011 à 10:32:14 (S | E)
    Good morning, Lesvie

I was busy this weekend because when I finished (to, ou : mon) work the last friday at 18h30 (français),I was going to the village for to do the end of the mourning period for( mal-dit) my father. however the saturday, we had to do a wake (prière du matin) prayer at 21h( français) and the sunday,at 8h30(français) we do( faire la messe, ou assister à?) the high mass. at the end everybody was coming at home for(mal-dit) the party.

Réponse: Explication/correction de notrepere, postée le 17-01-2011 à 20:48:57 (S | E)
    Hello!

A "wake" is another name for a funeral, so I think it's OK in this context. In American English, it is OK to say "for the party". I don't know what would be said in BE.

Cordialement

Réponse: Explication/correction de traviskidd, postée le 18-01-2011 à 00:35:49 (S | E)
    I believe the wake is the viewing of the body before the funeral.

Réponse: Explication/correction de gerondif, postée le 18-01-2011 à 00:44:38 (S | E)
    Hello,

Yes, there is a famous Irish song by "the Dubliners" called "Finnegan's wake" where he rises from the dead when he smells whisky being wasted.

Réponse: Explication/correction de headway, postée le 18-01-2011 à 08:06:34 (S | E)
    Hi everyone,

there's also a play written by Tom Murphy called "The Wake".

Headway.

Réponse: Explication/correction de lesvie, postée le 18-01-2011 à 09:44:50 (S | E)
    thank you for your help

I was busy this weekend because when I finished my work the last Friday at eighteen thirty (18h30),I went to the village for to do the end of the mourning period for( mal-dit) my father. however the saturday, we had to do a wake (il s'agit de veillée de prière) prayer at twenty one oclock (21h) and the sunday,at eight thirty (8h30) we assist(assister à)the high mass. at the end everybody was coming at home for(mal-dit) the party.

please tell me how I can write the bad sentences that you notice.

Réponse: Explication/correction de alphonse46, postée le 18-01-2011 à 10:43:25 (S | E)
    I was busy this weekend because when I finished my work the last Friday at eighteen thirty : français(18h30),I went to the village for to ( un averbe de trop) do the end of the mourning period for( mal-dit) my father. however the saturday, we had to do a wake (il s'agit de veillée de prière) prayer at twenty one oclock: français (21h) and the sunday,at eight thirty (8h30) we assist(temps)(assister à)(+adverbe)the high mass. at the end everybody was coming at home for the party.

Réponse: Explication/correction de lesvie, postée le 18-01-2011 à 15:41:45 (S | E)
    I was busy this weekend because when I finished my work the last Friday at six thirty pm,I went to the village for my father to do the end of the mourning period. However the Saturday, we had to do a wake prayer at nine pm and the Sunday,at eight thirty am, we assisted to the high mass. At the end everybody went at home for the party.

is it ok now?

Réponse: Explication/correction de gerondif, postée le 18-01-2011 à 15:47:04 (S | E)
    Pas encore !

I was busy this weekend because when I finished my work the last Friday at six thirty pm,I went to the village for my father (mal placé)to do the end of the mourning period. However the Saturday, we had to do a wake prayer at nine pm and the Sunday,at eight thirty am, we assisted to (verifiez la construction et le sens du verbe "to attend") the high mass. At the end everybody went at home for the party.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux