Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Bac / Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac / Correction
    Message de lisa200xd posté le 19-11-2012 à 01:52:22 (S | E | F)
    Bonsoir,

je dois faire un texte en anglais sur l'idée de progrès (avantages, inconvénients etc...) et je voulais savoir si vous pouviez m'aider à corriger s'il vous plait ?

Every day science is moving/progressing in all realms. We may wonder about the advantages and drawbacks of these scientific advances and what roles they play in our lives (ici je veux dire quels rôles est-ce qu'ils jouent dans notre quotidien? ) .Men have always sought to understand their environment in order to dominate it . It always has been like this for centuries. Within a few centuries, we went from the Middle Ages to the conquest of the moon. With developments in genetics, man has acquired a real power. Human being can now clone living beings and modify their genes to cure illness such as genetic diseases. We can even foresee them ! The surgical procedures and the experiments are more and more frequent. The man found out what a cell and DNA are, and he even discovered the womb/the matrix !
    With all these advances, we can all imagine like the fact of wanting to stay forever young: we also resort to the plastic surgery to change the features. Now, thanks to the PGD, we can for exemple save people by transplanting a bone marrow from a transplant candidate to an another patient.

But the dark side of this progress is that it is dangerous. In the book "Brave New World", babies are made in tubes. The men and women don't mate, they make love just for fun and not in order to procreate. I think that human being is dehumanized.
    In this book, the "human" is categorized. I think it is really scary, we could talk about a hierarchy of men: they are not equal, we have the lesser human being , skinny that the society has rejected such a waste in a dumpster and there are the others who are strong, heavy-built , beautiful with square jaws and beautiful teeth, seeming very sportly and they are all alike.
    We have the first-class citizens and the second-class citizens.This is dangerous because there is no more equality. Sort of we brainwash them. Later, we may do horrible things like choose the baby we want: his features, the sexe (a gender selection ! ...) as if we were shopping in a supermarket or as if commanded on the internet.
    I find it's really unfair and against nature. Fortunately, some people (writers like Huxley, few scientists ...) want to warn us about the hazards of genetic engineering. We must be aware of this dangers ! Indeed, it is terrifying to see that science is growing now for the service of economic interests instead of general interest . GMOs and animal cloning illustrate that.
    Nothing is natural, it piss me off ! It is not as medical. Pollution causes the climate change. The temperature will soar and there will be a mass extinction. 90% of the life in the earth will disappear. Our world is full of gadgets that cause millions of cancers, it is so sad! Medicine has indeed jumped (ici je veux dire que la médecine a fait un bond ! ) , but there are more viruses like AIDS. Forests are disappearing very quickly and the water is more and more polluted . What we eat or drink is nothing more natural. The man is not happy in the company he built.

To sum up I am quite shocked because I am afraid of the principle of mass production.
    In fact I think nature doesn't play its role and the man takes control. Man is compared to machines manufactured in mass.
    Despite the progress in science that I find impressive, there are limits to respect.
    In the extract of "Brave New World" , there is a kind of conditioning human being and a lost of identity and I find it sad and absurd !

Thanks a lot !

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 19-11-2012 08:36

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux