Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Oral / Idea of Progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral / Idea of Progress
    Message de lounito posté le 04-05-2014 à 00:24:02 (S | E | F)
    Bonsoir,
    je suis en classe de terminale ES et je vais passer mon oral du Bac en anglais et j'aurais besoin d'une correction pour savoir si j'ai fait des fautes... Merci d'avance ;cela me serait vraiment très utile!!! ( je pense qu'il y aura malheureusement pas mal de fautes alors si quelqu'un a la gentillesse de bien vouloir passer un peu de temps pour me les expliquer en même temps ce serait vraiment super!)

I’m going to talk about « Idea of progress ». To begin with, I’d like to state a definition of progress. Progress is the idea that the world and the society can evolve positively in therms of science, technology, modernization, living condition, etc. However, the idea of progress is still debated between those who consider that it’s beneficial and those for whom it’s harmful. Now, I propose we look at a question : « Should we fear progress ? ». First of all we are going to speak about the scientific progress, then technological progress and to finish social progress.

Firstly, today we are able to cure some diseases we thought incurable until 20th century. But this advances is not only positive. For example with the « science babies » where we can change with a new procedure the genes of the embryos and choose some physicals characteristics like the color of the eye and make the perfect baby. This discovery can be positive to prevent some diseases like trisomie. But some people can think that it is not natural. And also it is an really expensive procedure and that can stress the inequality. We have also noted with “My sister's keeper” movie that some children could be not wanted but created only to save the sick child. To conclude I think progress is essential to evolve and in particular the scientific progress. Medical advances are the proof of this progress. Even if there are some drawbacks.
    Then we notice a strong evolution of the technologic progress with the apparition of internet, the different way of communication like the social network and video games with interaction between players all around the world. Those new technologies facilitate exchanges with family, friends, co-worker and everybody who have access to them. Unfortunately, there was a lot of case where this new technologies have produced dangerous addiction. Recently I've seen on the news a man who was so much addicted to video games that he forget his own child and let him almost starving. By speaking of that, we can see that today video games are more and more based on futuristic characters like monsters or robots. Today fiction becomes reality with for exemple the Japan robotics which want to created robots with our image to live with us and help us. Moreover that have inspired the movie Surogates where all humans are remplaced by robots.
    Thirdly, there is the social progress which is the idea that societies can or do improve in terms of their social, political, and economic structures. Nowadays, the lifestyle has strongly progressed particularly in the developed countries, the qualities of lives have changed, and also the mentality. For example the human rights, minority rights or women's right have evolved thanks to a long time of protest and negotiation even war. Today the idea of liberty, freedom and democracy take place in the mind of a lot of people who doesn't have this rights and It's why the american dream appeared for example, because in the developing countries the american way of life seems perfect and that is why we attend to immigrations which would become a disappointment or a disaster for some.

To conclude, I’d say progress is neither all good or all bad. Put into the hands of human beings, that knowledge can be used for medicine or great advances. It’s not scientific knowledge that is either good or evil, but the application of it.

Merci!!!!

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 04-05-2014 07:59

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux