Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Oral/Idée de Progrès

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Idée de Progrès
    Message de aahnna posté le 23-04-2016 à 20:12:25 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour à tous,
    voici ce que j'ai rédigé pour mon oral de Bac sur la notion du progrès. Je voudrais savoir s'il y a des fautes (et si oui lesquelles).
    Hello, here is a text for my oral test in English. I'd like to know if there are any mistakes. Thank you very much!

I'm going to deal with the notion « idea of progress ». To begin with, I'd like to give a defintion of progress. So the progress is a movement forwards or a positive development. The idea of progress is the idea that the Human condition can improve through advances in science, technology and social organization.
    We may wonder : sould we fear the progress ?
    I've divided my presentation into two sections. First, I'll talk about positiv apsects of progress. Then I'll focus on progress as something we can fear.

On the one hand, progress seems positive.
    There are medical reasons to trust progress. I would like to illustrate this idea with the example of Molly Nash.
    So, Molly was suffering from a life-threatening bone marrow deficiency. A test-tube baby has been selected by doctors using controversial genetic screening to save her life. They chose the embryo that would have the exact type of cells needed to save her.
    Doctors used preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) in order to select a healthy embryo which did not carry the disease.
    But, in this case, doctors also selected an embryo which would produce the tissue match necessary to offer Molly the chance of a bone marrow transplant.
    The resulting boy, Adam, has now been able to donate stem cells collected from his umbilical cord to his older sister to replace her failing bone marrow.

I'd like to talk also about artificial intelligence.
    Kevin Warwick, is a British engineer. He is known for his studies on direct interfaces between computer systems and the human nervous system, and has also done research concerning robotics. He is one of the rare scientists who experiment on themselves ; he has a silicon chip in his arm and it allowed him to control an electric wheelchair for example. Warwick's experiments can be used to non-ambulant or paralysed people.

Another man I'd like to talk about isHugh Herr. He is an American rock climber, engineer. On Mount Washington the climber was caught in a blizzard, both of his legs had to be amputated below the knees because of severe frostbite. He can walk or even climb although he was amputated, thanks to two artificial and specialized prostheses that he designed. Indeed, following months of surgeries and rehabilitation, Herr was doing what doctors told him was unthinkable: climbing again.

However, there are some reasons to be afraid of progress.
    Many fictional inventions have become science facts. For example, cloning people have become possible nowadays. ( In 1997 Dolly the sheep was the first successful cloning of mammal) I think some scientific advances can be scary.
    The American dystopian film I, Robot is full of human-like robots. The screenplay was inspired by Isaac Asimov’s short-story collection. Asimov developed the 3 laws of robotics. (A robot must never harm a human being.. a robot must obey..). The film stars Will Smith and is directed by Alex Proyas. This dytopia illustrates a different society. Indeed, robots have been produced to serve humanity. Although the sole purpose of robots is to improve the quality of life for all, it also leads to humanity’s eventual downfal.

There is another dystopinan film Gattaca
    This film presents a vision of a future society where children are selected through preimplantation genetic diagnosis to ensure they possess the best hereditary traits of their parents. Vincent Freeman was conceived outside PGD (Preimplanataion genetic diagnosis) and struggles to overcome genetic discrimination to realize his dream of traveling into space.

To my mind, one other big issue with progress is new technologies. Thanks to internet and all the new technological tools – such as computers, mobile phones- sharing information has been easier. But we can wonder if new technologies really bring people together. There is a new form of relationships and I do believe that sharing real time with people is better than virtual time.

To conclude progress seems positive and helps us having a better life (with medical progress for example). But there are some reasons to be afraid of progress; new technologies have advantages but also drawbacks. Progress can transform societies in a bad way for example in I, Robot with robots and in Gattaca with genetic progress.
    Progress concerns other fields; I could have talked about social progress.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 23-04-2016 21:40

Réponse: Oral/Idée de Progrès de laure95, postée le 24-04-2016 à 19:30:08 (S | E)
    Bonsoir,
    - We may wonder : sould we fear the progress ?: question indirecte avec Wonder: sujet + should + verbe.
    -positiv

- I'd like to talk also about artificial intelligence.
    - He is one of the rare scientists who (il faut un verbe)experiment on themselves

- severe frostbite:pluriel.
    - Herr was doing: traduire: a pu faire.

- The film stars (singulier + mettre un verbe) Will Smith
    - orthographe: downfal.

-to realize his dream of traveling into space: to fulfill.

-Progress concerns other fields; I could have talked about social progress: la fin de ta conclusion est un peu bizarrement formulé.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux