Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Oral/Places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Places and forms of power
    Message de gizmozzz posté le 25-05-2016 à 15:02:01 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour,
    je suis en Terminale L et je passe mon oral d'anglais dans quelques jours. Quelqu'un aurait-il la gentillesse de me corriger les fautes de grammaire et d'orthographe de ce texte ou bien d'une partie ?
    Merci d'avance pour vos réponses !

I'm going to talk about the notion of locations and forms of power.
    Firstly, I'm going to give a definition of this notion. Power is a strength or force exerted or capable of being exerted, power is synonym of might.
    I'm going to talk about the power of words.
    By which means the words do exert their power on us?
    I have chosen 3 documents to illustrate this notions:
    - Listen mr Oxford Don by John Agard, 1985
    - Protests in the 60s and 70s, an article of the website lessonsite.com
    -An extract of “ I have a Dream “ by Martin Luther King, 1963
    I. In a first part, I'm going to talk about protest song.
    The song “listen Mr Oxford don” by John Agard is an excellent example to talk about the power of words.
    “Listen Mr Oxford don” is a protest song.
    A protest song conveys a protest message, a message against something or someone.
    It’s a weapon without violence. He uses English as an art to communicate. His breath allows him to criticize the English upper class. He uses words as a powerful weapon just as protest artists who defend their point of view with art. He uses his language as a peaceful means to explain his ideas to people who do not agree with him. Words can transcend conventional weapon and can after the world more than nuclear warheads.

II. In a second part, I'm going to talk about Martin Luther king Speech.
    The speech by Martin Luther King is an excellent example to talk about the power of words.
    This Document is an extract from "I have a dream" speech by Martin Luther king.
    Martin Luther King wishes, with chosen and powerful words, to convey the values that really matter for him such as the hope that one day there won't be any inequality between blacks and whites.
    He uses words in such a skillful manner that his famous speech reaches his goal: Many people become aware of the sheer injustice experienced by black Americans.
    To convince the audience in front him, Martin Luther King repeats several times the important ideas ("I have a dream") so that people remember them.
    He also uses clear and simple ideas that everybody can grasp (“this is our hope")
    So this speech is a form of power. The speeches make it possible to speak with a group or a population and thus to expose arguments, ideas to inform or convince a large number of people.

III. In a third part, I’m going to talk about protest in a 60s and 70s.
    In the 60s and 70, there were movements to fight against the injustices and to establish the equality of the rights for everybody.
    This document is an article for the website Lessonsite.com
    (Quote)
    This document explains the ways that this movement uses to make known and to claim their cause. Thus, they strikes and steps, distribute leaflets and petitions.
    The words have an important function and power at the time of the protest movements. The words are present on the panels of the strikers, on the leaflets and the petitions and they are stressed by the protesters. They make it possible to convert people with their cause.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 25-05-2016 15:07

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux