Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Myths & Heroes /oral

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Myths & Heroes /oral
    Message de froware posté le 26-04-2017 à 13:11:48 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour,
    voici mon speech pour l'oral d'anglais sur la notion "Myths & Heroes". Si vous pouviez jeter un coup d'oeil aux fautes ce serait génial pour moi.
    Merci d'avance,

"The notion I am going to deal with is the notion of myths and Heroes.
    First and foremost, I would like to give a definition of these words;
    So, a myth is a story that may or may not be true. Mythology includes the legends of ours
    history, ours religions, stories of how the world was created, and ours heroes. These stories
    have great symbolic power, and this may be a major reason why they survive as long as they
    do, sometimes for thousands of years.
    And, a hero is a person who is admired for his courage, outstanding achievements, or noble
    qualities. A modern-day hero, is a person who has performed an heroic act or simply our own
    personal hero, our role model.
    So, the question which we will try to answer with the example of Britain is :
    To what extent can myth and heroes participate in the creation of the national identity?
    In order to illustrate the notion, and answer the question, I have chosen these three documents:
    “Britannia” a wikipédia article, “Elizabeth: the Golden Age” a movie extract, and last but not
    least : “Kings and queens on screen”.
    To my mind, these documents illustrate very well the importance of myths and heroes in the
    construction of a national identity.
    First of all, I will talk about the Britannia myth, after that, I'm going to talk about elizabeth I,
    and finally we will see what is the role of the royals in Britain national identity.
    So, the first document is about a myth, The myth of Britannia;
    The author of this wikipédia article describes the myth's origins, and the place of this myth in
    Britain history.
    As we can read, Britannia remained from the Roman Empire which had called the island
    Britannia; and after that, Britannia has become an allegory of the Britain, and take the form of
    “a goddess, armed with a trident and shield and wearing a Corinthian helmet.”
    Later, it “was used as an emblem of British imperial power and unity.” Today, the picture of the
    goddess is still used.
    So, the myth of Britannia has served to structure the image and the history of the British nation
    for the past two thousand years.
    The second document is about Elizabeth the first, and it is extracted from a movie : “Elizabeth,
    The Golden Age”. The golden age is the British renaissance.
    During this period, the realm was in a relative peace, and wealth. Britain had begun to emerge
    as a European power and had even begun to colonize beyond its shores like we can see in the
    document, with the New World.
    In this extract, the director highlights that Elizabeth had a strong personality, she was clever,
    and she doesn't let be impressed.
    Today Elizabeth the first remains a model of what a royal need to be, and she appears like a
    kind of heroe.
    But in my opinion, she stands between the hero and the myth, because although she remains a
    model, there are a lot of things we don't know about her, and there are many points of views,
    people who think that she has not done so much for her country and that she had has a lot of
    luck during her reign.
    Finally, I can't talk about heroes and national identity without speak of the royal family and
    specifically Elizabeth the second, because so far they are true heroes for British people.
    So, the third document is also about a movie, called : The Queen.
    In fact, it's the synopsis of the movie. And we can read that when “Diana died in 1997,” there
    was different points of view of “how to handle the tragedy.” And the queen elizabeth the second
    had a different opinion than the Prime minister of the moment, Tony Blair. “The film-maker
    underlines the opposing views of the long-stading Queen and the young, inexperienced Prime
    minister.”
    “The general public rejects the monarchy seen as cold and aloof. However, by the time the film
    was released, the monarchy was back in favor.”
    For majority of peoples, royals are a role model of behaviour. Once, an english woman say to
    me that royals are like a part of they're own family, relatives. They see them at tv, in the
    magazine, they hear them in the podcasts, everywere all the time. And so they are a part of
    national identity, a part of the country, like an old monument, which remains.
    But, it's true to say that there is an other part of the British who starts to think that the royals are
    useless, from another time (ancient time) and that they are a cost for the nation and so they
    hav'nt to stay in place. But it's a minor part of the population.
    It can be concluded, and it's what I think, that myths and heroes are very important for the
    construction of the national identity, and especially in Britain, because of his very old myths
    which take an important place in the Britain history, and his heroes from the past, like Elizabeth
    the First, and today the royal family who remain a model for most of British.
    My presentation is now finished."

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 26-04-2017 14:28

Réponse : Myths & Heroes /oral de laure95, postée le 27-04-2017 à 10:25:44 (S | E)
    Bonjour,
    - Mythology includes the legends of ours (pas de s) history, ours religions, stories
    - and ours heroes.
    -as long as they do, (present perfect) sometimes for thousands of years.
    - elizabeth I: majuscule.
    - we will see what is the role (inverser l'ordre des mots)of the royals in Britain (marque de la possession) national identity.

- an allegory of the (pas de the)Britain,

- and she doesn't (passé)let be impressed.
    - what a royal need (faute de conjugaison)to be,
    - heroe: orthographe.
    - she had has: ?
    - without speak: without + verbe + -ing.
    - because so far they are true heroes for British people: present perfect

- there was different points of view: there was + singulier.
    - And the (pas de the)queen elizabeth the second
    - For (article) majority of peoples (pas de s),
    - an english (majuscule)woman say (passé)to
    - they're (mettre le possessif)own family, relatives.
    - at (pas la bonne préposition)tv,
    - in the magazine: pluriel.
    - hav'nt: ,

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux