Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Verbs
Message de joy813 posté le 01-02-2005 à 10:31:52 (S | E | F | I)

Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.

They flew (fly) to Barcelona last week.
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I -----------(be) in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I -------------(have to) rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I --------(walk) along the street, I -------------(notice) a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I ---------(realise) that we ----------(meet) before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We ----------just -----------(miss) the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I ---------(know) her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I -----------(recognise) you" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she ----------(tell) me that her name was Angela Barker.
"You -------------(study) history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !".
"That's right!" she replied, "And you're Claire ...? "
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I ------------(be) married now. What -----------you ------------(do) nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I -------(work) in the Central Museum in town and I ----------------(live) in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I ----------------(not believe) it !" We ----------(be) neighbours for three years and we -----------never -------(see) each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she -------(agree), "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you ---------(look) at me all the time !".

Réponse: re:Verbs de grabuge, postée le 01-02-2005 à 13:22:50 (S | E)
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was (be) in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to (have to) rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed (notice) a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised (realise) that we met (meet) before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We have just missed (miss) the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew (know) her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I have recognised (recognise) you" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she told (tell) me that her name was Angela Barker.
"You studied (study) history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !".
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am (be) married now. What doyou do do) nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I work (work) in the Central Museum in town and I live -(live) in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe (not believe) it !" We are (be) neighbours for three years and we --have never seen (see) each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agrees (agree), "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you looked (look) at me all the time !".

Merci Joy

Réponse: re:Verbs de larenaudiere, postée le 01-02-2005 à 13:29:40 (S | E)
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I walk along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised that we have met before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We have just missed the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognise you" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she told me that her name was Angela Barker.
"You studied history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !".
"That's right!" she replied, "And you're Claire, aren't you? "
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am married now. What are you doing nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I worked in the Central Museum in town and I lived in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe it !" We have been neighbours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agrees, "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you looked at me all the time !".
Joy.

-------------------
Edité par larenaudiere le 2005-02-01 13:30:46

Réponse: re:Verbs de tounette, postée le 01-02-2005 à 15:06:17 (S | E)

A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised that we met before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We have just missed the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recogniseyou" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she toldme that her name was Angela Barker.
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am married now. What are you doing nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I work in the Central Museum in town and I have been living in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe it !" We have been neighours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agreed "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking at me all the time !".

Réponse: re:Verbs de lucile83, postée le 01-02-2005 à 15:41:33 (S | E)
Hello,
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realized that we had met before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We had just missed the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognize you" I said.
"You were studying history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !".
"Well, I have been working in the Central Museum in town and I have been living in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I can’t believe it !" We have been neighbours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agreed , "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking at me all the time !".

une question : realise ou realize ?
recognise ou recognize?
pour moi "z" anglais britannique je pense, et "s" anglais américain ?
Merci

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 2005-02-01 21:20:24

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 02-02-2005 11:26
Dans mon cours "z" pour les deux infinitifs
Après vérification au dictionnaire, les 2 sont bons ( "z" et "s")

Réponse: re:Verbs de lyne, postée le 01-02-2005 à 17:19:42 (S | E)
Bonjour, je tente

A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was (be) in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had (have to) rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I walked (walk) along the street, I noticed (notice) a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised (realise) that we had met (meet) before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We have just missed (miss) the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I had known (know) her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognised (recognise) you" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she told (tell) me that her name was Angela Barker.
"You had studied (study) history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !".
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am (be) married now. What do you do (do) nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I work (work) in the Central Museum in town and I live (live) in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don’t believe (not believe) it !" We are (be) neighbours for three years and we ----never see (see) each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agreed (agree), "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you looked (look) at me all the time !".

Réponse: re:Verbs de felin, postée le 01-02-2005 à 21:08:14 (S | E)
Bonsoir

A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised that we met (meet) before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognised you" I said.
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am
married now. What are you doing nowadays ?" I asked.
"Well, I have been working in the Central Museum in town and I have been living in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe it !" We are neighbours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agrees, "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking at me all the time !".

Réponse: re:Verbs de gewurz, postée le 01-02-2005 à 21:35:03 (S | E)
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised that we had met before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We had just missed the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew her.
"Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognised you" I said.
"Well, I am working in the Central Museum in town and I have been living in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I can't believe it !" We have been neighbours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agreed, "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking at me all the time !".

Elle a étudié pendant 30 ans ???

Merci Joy.

-------------------
Edité par gewurz le 2005-02-01 21:39:04

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 02-02-2005 11:30
why not ? sorry it's a mistake ( 1985 - 1988)

Réponse: re:Verbs de leonne51, postée le 02-02-2005 à 01:39:11 (S | E)

A funny thing happened to me the other day , I was (be) in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to (have to) rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was working (walk) along the street, I noticed (notice) a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realized (realize) that we have met (meet) before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought.
We had just missed (miss) the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew (know) her.
"Excuse me, have we met before? I'm sure that I recognize you" I said.
She looked a bit surprised, but she "You had studied (study) history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988!"
"That's right!" she replied, And you're Claire...?"
"Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am (be) married now. What do you do (do) nowadays? "I asked.
"Well, I work (work) in the Central Museum in town and I have lived (live) in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied.
"You're joking! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe (not believe) it!" We have been (be) neighbours for three years and we have never seen (see) each other" I said.
"I know, it's incredible!" she agreed (agree), "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking (look) at me all the time!".

Réponse: re:Verbs de joy813, postée le 02-02-2005 à 12:04:37 (S | E)
je suis vraiment fière de votre travail ! Beau boulot !
Je posterai la correction pour vendredi au plus tard.
Cet exercice faisait partie de mon examen d'entrée ... et je n'ai pas fait un sans faute !

Réflexion faite, prolongation jusqu'à dimanche

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 2005-02-02 12:23:07

Réponse: correction de joy813, postée le 06-02-2005 à 15:42:57 (S | E)
Hello everybody,

Here is the correction :

They flew to Barcelona last week. A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was in a hurry to get to work and I found that my car wasn't working. I had to rush out of the house to catch the bus. While I was walking along the street, I noticed a woman of about my age on the opposite side of the road. I looked at her again and I realised that we had met before. She arrived at the bus stop a couple of seconds after me. "She must be catching the bus, too" I thought. We had just missed the precious bus and we had fifteen minutes to wait before the next one. I looked at the woman behind me again and I was sure that I knew her. "Excuse me, have we met before ? I'm sure that I recognise you" I said. She looked a bit surprised, but she told me that her name was Angela Barker. "You studied history at Liverpool University" I shouted, "from 1958 to 1988 !". "That's right!" she replied, "And you're Claire ...? " "Lewis. Well, my name was Lewis but I am married now. What are you doing nowadays ?" I asked. "Well, I work in the Central Museum in town and I have lived in this area, in George Street for about three years", she replied. "You're joking ! I live round the corner from there. I don't believe it !" We have been neighbours for three years and we have never seen each other!" I said. "I know, it's incredible!" she agreed , "and I'm glad that you spoke to me because I wondered why you were looking at me all the time !".

Thanks for your participation
ps: Lucile a donné d'autres réponses parfois, elles sont plus "recherchées" et sont tout à fait correctes

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux