Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de joy813 posté le 2004-11-01 13:17:21 (S | E | F | I)
I found a good summary about the past tenses

The Past Simple : V2
* is used to express a finished action in the past
ex : We played tennis yesterday
* is also used to express a past habit
ex : when I was a child, we went to Spain every summer.

The past continuous : was + Ving
* is used to express an activity in progress in the past. The events of a story are in the Past Simple, but descriptions and interrupted activities are in the Past continuous.
ex : When we were arrived, he was making some coffee.

The Past Perfect : had + V3
* is used to make clear that one action in the past happened before another action in the past.
ex : When we arrived home, Anna had gone to bed.

I hope that it can help you ... and I'm going to check for an exercice, ok ?

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de gorgayles, postée le 2004-11-01 14:54:45 (S | E)
thank you joy but can you give some sentences as exercices?

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 15:43:45 (S | E)
here you are Gorgayles

Choose the correct tense in the story

It was ten o'clock in the evening. Peter sat / had sat down on his sofa and thought about the day. What a busy day it was / had been !
This was his first night in his own flat. He lived / had lived his entire life in the family home, and now for the first time, he was / had been on his own.
He sat surrounded by boxes that they didn't manage / hadn't managed to unpack during the day. It took / had taken months to get all his things together. His mother was / had been very generous, buying him things like towels and mugs.
He went / had gone into the kitchen and got / had got a beer from the fridge. He suddenly felt / had felt very tired and yawned. No wonder he was / had been tired ! He was / had been up since six o'clock in the morning.
He decided / had decided to finish his beer and go to sleep.

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de gorgayles, postée le 2004-11-01 17:41:16 (S | E)
It was ten o'clock in the evening. Peter sat down on his sofa and thought about the day. What a busy day it had been !
This was his first night in his own flat. He had lived his entire life in the family home, and now for the first time, he was on his own.
He sat surrounded by boxes that they didn't manage to unpack during the day. It had taken months to get all his things together. His mother was very generous, buying him things like towels and mugs.
He had gone into the kitchen and had got a beer from the fridge. He suddenly felt very tired and yawned. No wonder he was tired ! He had been up since six o'clock in the morning.
He decided to finish his beer and go to sleep.

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 17:51:16 (S | E)
Good job Gorgayles ... but there're some mistakes .... let's going to see what the others will find

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de minouche15, postée le 2004-11-01 18:50:51 (S | E)
- thank you Joy, I try too :

- It was ten o'clock in the evening . Peter sat downon his sofa and thought about the day . What a busy day It was!
this was his first night in his own flat ; He had livedhis entire life in the family home, and now for the first time, he wason his own .He sat surrounded by boxex that he hadn't managedto unpack during the day . It had takenmonths to get all his things together . His mother had beenvery generous, buying him things like towels and mugs . He wentinto the kitchen and got
a beer from the fridge . He suddenly feltvery tired and yawned . No wonder he wastired! he had beenup since six o'clock in the morning . He decidedto finish his beer and go to sleep .

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 20:10:11 (S | E)
Minouche, I sent you a mp

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de joy813, postée le 2004-11-02 15:24:01 (S | E)
I don't know why this exercice didn't have succes ... maybe it was too difficult or maybe you're fed up with this kind of exercice, I don't know ... so tell me please ....

Anyway, that's my correction:

It was ten o'clock in the evening. Peter sat down on his sofa and thought about the day. What a busy day it had been !
This was his first night in his own flat. He had lived his entire life in the family home, and now for the first time, he was on his own.
He sat surrounded by boxes that they hadn't managed to unpack during the day. It had taken months to get all his things together. His mother had been very generous, buying him things like towels and mugs.
He went into the kitchen and got a beer from the fridge. He suddenly felt very tired and yawned. No wonder he was tired ! He had been up since six o'clock in the morning.

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de claire1, postée le 2004-11-05 12:29:49 (S | E)
Joy813
It was 10 o'clock in the evening,Peter sat down on his sofa and thought about the day.What a busy day it had been!
This was his first night in his own flat,he had lived his entire life in the family home and now for the first time ,he was on his own.
He sat surrounded by boxes that they hadn't managed to unpack during the day.It had taken months to get all his things together.His mother had been generous buying him things like towels ans mugs.
He went into the kitchen and got a beer from the fridge.he suddenly felt very tired and yawned.No wonder he has been tired! He had been up since 6 o'clock in the morning.
It's difficult !!
bye
claire1

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de morenita, postée le 2004-11-05 13:10:38 (S | E)
Claire look above ,Joy has already given the correction!!!

Réponse: re:Past tenses 2 de claire1, postée le 2004-11-05 13:23:06 (S | E)
thanks Morenita I am looking above the correction given by Joy813
thanks a lot
bye claire1

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux