Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de joy813 posté le 2004-11-08 11:50:03 (S | E | F | I)
for beginners

Put in a suitable affirmative or negative form of be or have

Helen ---- fourteen. she ---- at a very nice school; she ---- interested in the lessons : there ----- only two teachers that she doesn't like and she ----- got lots of friends. (Two years ago, she -----at a different school; the lessons ------- very good, and she ----------- many friends, so she ------- very unhappy).
The school ------ twenty km from Helen's house, so she gets up early. she ------- a quick wash, and then she ------ breakfast-cereal and fruit juice if she ------hungry. There -------a school bus, but if it -----very cold her mother takes her by car. In the evenings she -------school work; she -----------much difficulty with this, so she usually finishes quickly.
Then she ------supper. At ten o'clock she ------a bath and goes to bed. On Saturdays and Sundays she gets up at 12.00, ----- a quick lunch and goes straight to her computer games.

Enjoy it

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de pascaline, postée le 2004-11-08 13:35:53 (S | E)

Helen is fourteen. She is at a very nice school; she is interested in the lessons : there are only two teachers that she doesn't like and she has got lots of friends. (Two years ago, she was at a different school; the lessons weren't very good, and she haven't got many friends, so she was very unhappy).
The school is twenty km from Helen's house, so she gets up early. she has a quick wash, and then she has breakfast-cereal and fruit juice if she is hungry. There is a school bus, but if it is very cold her mother takes her by car. In the evenings she has school work; she hasn't much difficulty with this, so she usually finishes quickly.
Then she has supper. At ten o'clock she has a bath and goes to bed. On Saturdays and Sundays she gets up at 12.00, has a quick lunch and goes straight to her computer games.

Pascaline

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de edith49, postée le 2004-11-08 23:09:22 (S | E)

Helen --is-- fourteen. she --is-- at a very nice school; she --is-- interested in the lessons : there -are---- only two teachers that she doesn't like and she --has--- got lots of friends. (Two years ago, she -was----at a different school; the lessons -weren't------ very good, and she -haven't---------- many friends, so she --was----- very unhappy).
The school --is---- twenty km from Helen's house, so she gets up early. she --has----- a quick wash, and then she --has---- breakfast-cereal and fruit juice if she --is----hungry. There --is-----a school bus, but if it -is----very cold her mother takes her by car. In the evenings she --has-----school work; she --hasn't---------much difficulty with this, so she usually finishes quickly.
Then she --has----supper. At ten o'clock she --has----a bath and goes to bed. On Saturdays and Sundays she gets up at 12.00, --has--- a quick lunch and goes straight to her computer games.
Joy

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de claire1, postée le 2004-11-09 10:20:55 (S | E)
Joy813 !!!

Helen is fourteen,she is at a very nice school.She is interested in the lessons,there are only two teachers that she doesn't like and she has got lots of friends.(two years ago)she was at a different school,the lessons weren't very good and she hadn't many friends,so she was very unhappy.
The school is twenty km from Helen's house so she gets up early.She has a quickly wash and then she has breakfast cereal and fruit -juice if she is hungry.There is a school-bus,but if it is very cold,her mother takes her by car
In the evenings,she has school work,she has much difficulty with this,she usually finishes quickly,then she has supper .At ten o'clock ,she has a bath and goes to bed.On Saturdays and Sundays she gets up at 12'00.She has a quick lunch and goes straight to her computer game.

thanks
bye
claire1

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de joy813, postée le 2004-11-09 12:29:48 (S | E)
Good morning
I'm really surprised to see that you made the same mistakes
Pascaline :
* she haven't got many friends : 1. in the past
2. you put a "got" but there wasn't in the sentence ==> you need an auxiliary

* she hasn't much difficulty : without got ==> you need an auxiliary

Edith:
* she -haven't---------- many friends : 1. without "got" you need an auxiliary, and in the past.

* she --hasn't---------much difficulty: the same ==> you need an auxiliary

Claire:
* she hadn't many friends: right tense but you need an auxiliary
* she has much difficulty : in the negative form (read the next sentence: she usually finishes quickly ==> that means that's easy for her

I have got ==> I haven't got
I have ==> I don't have

So please, try to correct these two sentences :

1. and she ----------- many friends ==> in the past and in the negative form (and without got ==> with an auxiliary)
2. she -----------much difficulty ==> in the present and il the negative form (and without got ==> with an auxiliary)

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 2004-11-09 15:22:26

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de claire1, postée le 2004-11-09 14:33:22 (S | E)
joy813 thanks ,you're a good teacher !!!

my answers are:
1) she has had many friends

2) she has much difficulty
-she doesn't have much difficulty

I have a lot of doubts!!!
thanks
bye
claire1

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de joy813, postée le 2004-11-09 15:21:39 (S | E)
another coffee please

Claire, listen to me :

You need to put the answer in the simple past and in the negative form ok ?
Here, in the sentence, there isn't "got" ==> you need an auxiliary
you put the auxiliary "do" in the past ==> did and in a negative form ==> did not ==> didn't + infinitive (have)
==> she didn't have many friends

If you use the verb (have got) ==> you don't need an auxiliary
you put "have" in the past ==> had and in a negative form ==>had not ==> hadn't
==> she hadn't got many friends

If you don't understand, please tell me, and I'll send you a mp

ps: The second one is correct

-------------------
Edité par joy813 le 2004-11-09 15:23:16

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de edith49, postée le 2004-11-10 00:03:01 (S | E)
hello Joy, your explanations for claire ( and me ) are very clear
Thanks a lot

Réponse: re:Ex: be or have de claire1, postée le 2004-11-10 09:02:47 (S | E)
Joy813
I am stupid!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks a lot four your explanation!!!now it seems very easy!
I reaaly need another cup of coffe
claire1

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux