Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Rack Your Brains/103

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack Your Brains/103
    Message de here4u posté le 27-09-2021 à 22:10:22 (S | E | F)
    Hello dear workers!

Une petite adaptation à cet exercice ...
    Avec les confinements successifs, les vacances, les nouvelles obligations des uns et des autres, ... la vie et ses imprévus tout simplement, le nombre de ceux qui osent, et peuvent, faire cet exercice ("difficile"/ "trop long", "très chronophage pour tous" ...) a diminué sans que je parvienne à le faire remonter ...
    J'ai été tenté de l'arrêter, plusieurs fois (il me demande à moi aussi beaucoup de travail et j'ai envie de proposer ce qui "intéresse" le plus grand nombre possible ... ) Je ne l'ai pas fait car je sais que ceux qui y travaillent le trouvent utile et je sais aussi que plusieurs y travaillent sans le "rendre" ... (ce que je regrette)
    Je vais donc cette fois-ci essayer de fractionner ce travail. La première partie (7 lignes 1/2) sera l'exercice 103 (difficulté 1 étoile et demie et comporte CINQ fautes.)(Ces fautes peuvent porter sur la grammaire, le vocabulaire, l'orthographe ...) Vous pouvez vous y arrêter si vous le désirez. Avec nos félicitations pour les efforts et le travail !

Ceux d'entre vous qui auront plus de temps ou qui auront envie de continuer plus long et plus difficile pourront le faire. Les trois parties sont, comme d'habitude un exercice dont le corrigé sera en ligne le lundi 11 octobre 2021.Il y a 13 fautes en tout !
    PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, but please ... HELP MY STUDENT, correcting his mistakes !

Part ONE: ( This part has FIVE mistakes! to be corrected in capital letters.
    When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in late 20th Century, he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out to sea. They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting spellings as they did so. The vessel would be stuck with wooden sticks, the bows stained with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "magic" rituals performed by the islanders were a response to help them cope with the unpredictable might of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world are also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with uncertainty and dangers of their profession. Evidences point to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back 70,000 years. ///END OF PART ONE/// / (une étoile et demie)

HEADING FOR 3 STARS...
    A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks of direct instrumental purpose". Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists of behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Rituals may also make us less anxious. Ritualistic practices can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability.
    Studies show that the anxiety-reducing effect of rituals can apply to almost any high-pressure endeavour;
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels. ///END OF PART TWO/// Rafael Nadal, winner of 20 Grand Slam single titles, reportedly has almost as many rituals – 19 – which he uses before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I hide in my head."
    Rituals can help us cope with some of the most challenging periods of our lives too, such as when grieving.
    When we experience losing, we often feel a losing of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to creating some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have stressed-bust qualities, we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own lives, perhaps before giving a presentation at work, passing an exam, or having a difficult conversation." They could help iron us for the rough seas ahead.///END OF THE TEXT///;

BONUS QUESTION FOR an EXTRA ;
    Dans la première partie, quelle est la valeur de "would"? (répété 4 fois) Quelle est son utilité ?

I hope you have THE FORCE... and thank you in advance for your effort!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de taiji43, postée le 03-10-2021 à 18:54:07 (S | E)
    Dear Here4U
    This student wrote at the end of the twentieth century, it seemed very late so I searched on wikipedia. when Malinowski had been in New Guinea (don't be surprised by this search

READY TO BE CORRECTED

I WILL CONTINUE THE OTHER TWO PARTS LATER

When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in THE late 20th??????( according to wikipedia , he visited from june 1915 to March 1917, (so maybe we can write In EARLY Century ????), he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out to sea. They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting SPELLS (incantations)( as )(enlever) they did so.( ils faisaient ainsi The vessel would be FIXED with wooden sticks, the bows stained ( teinté) with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use or PRACTICE these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "magic" rituals performed by the islanders were a response ( terme littéraire = réponse,or réactionor REACTION° ) to help them cope with the unpredictable POWER of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world WERE (garder le préterit) also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with uncertainty(l(incertitude OK) and dangers of their profession. EVIDENCE POINTS to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back 70,000 years.

2) BONUS QUESTION FOR an EXTRA ;
    Dans la première partie, quelle est la valeur de "would"? (répété 4 fois) Quelle est son utilité ?
    Pour insister sur le fait que les mêms pratiques rituelles se perpétuent de génération en génération depuis des siècles

3) IN PROGRESS
    THE OTHER TWO PARTS

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de taiji43, postée le 03-10-2021 à 19:03:11 (S | E)
    je viens de corriger might par POWER

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 04-10-2021 à 10:23:08 (S | E)
    Hello!

Ne cherchez pas trop ... Mon élève a bien travaillé et a corrigé une faute en première partie ! Il n'en reste donc QUE CINQ! (et 13 en tout ! ) Désolée ... mais merci à lui !

De plus, j'ai oublié de préciser que l'exercice est un et que le corrigé sera en ligne le mercredi 13 octobre 2021.

May the FORCE be with you!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de taiji43, postée le 05-10-2021 à 17:19:55 (S | E)
    Dear Here4U 2ième et 3ième parties

I didn't find mistakes despite searching word by word...so you'll have some work to do ,and I am sorry
    hesitation to use the singular or plural

READY TO BE CORRECTED

A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by FORMALITIES and REPETITIONS that lacks of direct instrumental purpose(uncoutable)".
    Research identifies three elements OF a ritual. First, it consists of behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Rituals may also make us less anxious. RITUAL practices can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability.
    Studies show that the anxiety-reducing effect of rituals can apply to almost any high-pressure endeavour;
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels. ///END OF PART TWO///

Rafael Nadal, winner of 20 Grand Slam single titles, reportedly HAD (aurait) almost as many rituals – 19 – which he IS USED TO PRACTISING (il a l’habitude serait mieux) before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I hide or CONCEAL (cacher aux autres) in my head."
    Rituals can help us cope with some of the most challenging periods of our lives too, OR AS WELL such as when (PEOPLE)grieving.LOSS of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to creating some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have stressed-bust qualities, we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own LIFE perhaps before giving a presentation at work, PASS an exam, or HAVE a difficult conversation." They could help iron us for the rough SEA ahead.///END OF THE TEXT///;

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 09-10-2021 à 13:28:20 (S | E)
    Hello dears!

Only two more days left... Come on, last minute workers! We're waiting for you and expecting your tries!

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de maxwell, postée le 09-10-2021 à 20:39:57 (S | E)
    READY TO BE CORRECTED

Hello Here4U
    I can't find time to read the text another time, I'll give you my try just the way it is now. (And I haven't started the other exercise either...) Thanks anyway!
    Help my student:

Part ONE: ( This part has six mistakes! to be correctec in capital letters.
    When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in late 20th Century, he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out to sea. They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting spellings as they did so. The vessel would be stuck with wooden sticks, the bows stained with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "MAGICAL" rituals performed by the islanders were a response to help them cope with the unpredictable might of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world are also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with uncertainty and THE dangers of their profession. EVIDENCE POINTS to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back TO 70,000 years. ///END OF PART ONE/// / (une étoile et demie)

HEADING FOR 3 STARS...
    A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks [] direct instrumental purpose". Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists IN behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Rituals may also make us less anxious. Ritualistic PRACTICE can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability.
    Sports psychologists also SUGGEST that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels. ///END OF PART TWO/// Rafael Nadal, winner of 20 Grand Slam single titles, reportedly has almost as many rituals – 19 – which he uses before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I hide in my head."
    Rituals can help us cope with some of the most challenging periods of our lives too, such as when grieving.
    When we experience losing, we often feel a LOSS of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to CREATE some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have STRESS-BUSTING qualities, we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own lives, perhaps before giving a presentation at work, passing an exam, or having a difficult conversation." They could help US PREPARE for the rough seas ahead.///END OF THE TEXT///;

Valeur fréquentative : Elle exprime la répétition des gestes lors du rituel.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de chocolatcitron, postée le 10-10-2021 à 21:58:03 (S | E)
    Rack Your Brains/103
    Message de here4u posté le 27-09-2021 à 22:10:22 (S | E | F)
    Hello my dear Here4u, thanks !
    Hi Everybody !

I was so afraid to be late…
    « … dont le corrigé sera en ligne le lundi 11 octobre 2021. »
    « …que le corrigé sera en ligne le mercredi 13 octobre 2021. »
    Thanks for giving two more days: great! 😉

I hope my work lives up to what you expect from us !

Here is my work : FINISHED !

Dans la première partie, quelle est la valeur de "would"? Quelle est son utilité ?
    Would a une valeur fréquentative traduite par un imparfait. Would exprime une habitude passée.

Il y a 13 fautes en tout !

Part ONE:
    When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in THE late 20th Century, he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out FOR (partir en mer, appareiller) sea. They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting spellings as they did so. The vessel would be stuck with wooden sticks, the bows stained with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "magic MAGICAL (adj) " rituals performed by the islanders were a response to help them cope with the unpredictable might of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world are also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with uncertainty and dangers of their profession. Evidences EVIDENCE (uncountable)° point to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back TO 70,000 years. ///END OF PART ONE///
    A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks of direct instrumental purpose". Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists IN behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have A symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Rituals may also make us FEEL less anxious. RITUAL practices can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability.
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels. ///END OF PART TWO/// Rafael Nadal, THE winner of 20 Grand Slam single titles, reportedly has almost as many rituals – 19 – which he uses before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I hide in my head."
    When we experience losing, we often feel a LOSS of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to creating some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based ON, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have stressed-bust (ok : anti-stress) qualities, we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own lives, perhaps before giving a presentation at work, passing an exam, or having a difficult conversation." They could help iron us for the rough SEA ahead. ///END OF THE TEXT///.

Have a sweet week, and take care of yourselves, and any soul around you !
    Thank you very much, Here4u !
    See you soon.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 11-10-2021 à 23:37:04 (S | E)
    Hello Dear Friends!

Voici la correction de votre exercice ! Il vous a donné "un peu" de mal ... C'est vrai que les fautes étaient bien cachées et tout le monde était à court de temps. De plus, mon élève s'est trompé dans ses comptes (sigh!)...

When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in the early 20th Century (1), he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out to sea (2). They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting spells (3) as they did so. The vessel would be struck (4) with wooden sticks, the bows stained with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "magic"* rituals performed by the islanders were a response to help them cope with the unpredictable might of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world are also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with the (5) uncertainty and dangers of their profession. Evidence points (6) to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back 70,000 years. ///
    A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks direct instrumental purpose"(7). Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists of behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Rituals may also make us less anxious. Ritualistic practices can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability.
    Studies show that the anxiety-reducing effect of rituals can apply to almost any high-pressure endeavour ;
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels. ///Rafael Nadal, winner of 20 Grand Slam singles titles (8), reportedly has almost as many rituals – 19 – which he uses before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I seek (9) in my head."
    When we experience loss (10), we often feel a loss (10) of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to create (11) some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have stress-busting qualities (12) , we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own lives, perhaps before giving a presentation at work, taking (13) an exam, or having a difficult conversation." They could help steel us (14) for the rough seas ahead.

(1) in THE late 20th Century : était bien sûr, trop tard … et mon élève avait fait un oubli de l’article … Malinowski est mort en 1942 (= mid 20th century) et a donc visité la Nouvelle Guinée «in the early 20th century».
    (2) setting out to sea : set TO sea est Bon ! Bravo à mon élève d’avoir corrigé sa faute ! Lien internet

(3) spellings: Lien internet
    : l’orthographe; ne pas confondre avec «a spell» : an incantation or curse : un sort. «To chant a spell»: scander/ psalmodier un sort, une incantation.
    (4) ATTENTION ! Ne pas confondre «to stick, I stuck, stuck» coller (Lien internet
    ) et «to strike, I struck, struck» frapper, donner des coups. (Lien internet
    )
    * Bien revoir la différence entre «magic», le nom et «magical», l’adjectif. En tout état de cause, nous aurions dû avoir «magical» ici. Cependant, je ne l’ai pas compté comme faute puisque l’auteur de l’article avait mis des guillemets ! (pour lui donner, sans doute – j’espère – dans le sens de « la magie » …) Sinon, ce serait une faute et vous avez raison de la corriger !
    (5) «cope with XXX uncertainty and dangers of their profession.»: ici, uncertainty and dangers OF a profession étaient déterminés … Devant une proposition introduite par OF, l’emploi de l’article défini est obligatoire.
    (6) «Evidences point» est FAUX. Evidence/ the evidence est INDÉNOMBRABLE et donc reste invariable ET prend le verbe au singulier => «evidence points» C’est une faute que vous auriez dû trouver, parce qu’elle était vraiment à votre portée. D’ailleurs vous l’avez trouvée !
    (7) «…that lacks (of direct instrumental purpose": to lack time/ to lack honesty… mais avec le nom, il faut employer OF : A lack of time/ a lack of money/ a lack of honesty/ for lack of etc.
    (8) 20 Grand Slam singles titles: ici, « single » est le nom «a single» [ un match en simple]=> «singles» au pluriel. « Nadal has won 20 Grand Slam men's singles titles, »
    (9) «ordering my surroundings to match the order I hide in my head.»: sous-entendrait que Nadal aurait un schéma pré-établi de chaque match dans la tête. Il ne pourrait donc pas s’adapter aux diverses circonstances particulières et actions/ réactions de ses adversaires … , ce qui n’est pas très réaliste. Dès lors que l’on a un adversaire face à soi, il nous faut « chercher » => to seek- [ et non pas seulement « cacher »] les ressources et les tactiques qui peuvent être mobilisées au vu des circonstances … Il a un « ordre » idéal, dans la tête, qui résulte de la force de son partenaire et de sa technique et cherche donc à trouver les moyens de faire coincider la réalité présente à ce qu’il sent être possible à un moment.
    (10) we experience losing: sujet + verbe + complément => nom, surtout que le même nom était repris ensuite et que ce nom a été trouvé ! To lose, I lost, lost : a loss of time/ money etc.
    (11) rituals are used to create: il ne s’agissait pas ici de l’expression d’habitude «to be used to + ing», mais bien, simplement du verbe "to use"(utiliser), au passif qui doit être suivi d’un infinitif.
    (12) «rituals» are stress-busting. To bust : Lien internet

(13) To pass an exam: réussir un examen (ce qui, normalement, n’engendre pas de stress ! ) alors que «to sit for an exam/ to take an exam» en engendre certes !
    (14) iron yourself: to steel yourself/for sth/ to do sth: get ready for the challenge. Mon élève s’était juste trompé de métal, le vilain !
    Vous avez tous vu et compris que "would" était fréquentatif, c'est à dire qu'il exprimait la répétition d'une action dans le passé ! BRAVO !

Il ne reste plus qu’à solliciter trois volontaires pour le Follow up work… avec tous mes remerciements,❤️ nos remerciements et nos félicitations aux travailleurs !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de taiji43, postée le 12-10-2021 à 14:09:28 (S | E)
    voici la traduction de la première partie

Lorsque l'anthropologue Malinowski visita la Papouasie-Nouvelle-Guinéeau début du XXe siècle, il remarqua ...

Je viens de supprimer ma traduction qui était incorrecte ...
    Je vais la traduire à nouveau sous peu

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de magie8, postée le 13-10-2021 à 11:54:06 (S | E)
    bonjour
    traduction 2e partie
    ///
    A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks direct instrumental purpose"(7). Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists of behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Studies show that the anxiety-reducing effect of rituals can apply to almost any high-pressure endeavour ;
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels.

Un rituel est défini par les psychologues " comme une séquence prédéfinie d'actions symboliques souvent caractérisées par la formalité et la répétition sans but instrumental direct " La recherche identifie trois éléments dans un rituel. Premièrement, il consiste en des comportements qui se produisent dans une succession fixe qui sont caractérisés par la formalité et la répétition. Deuxièmement, les comportements ont une signification symbolique et enfin ces comportements ritualisés n'ont généralement pas de but utiles évidents.
    Les rituels peuvent également nous rendre moins anxieux. Les pratiques rituelles peuvent contribuer à apporter un certain degré de prévisibilité à un avenir incertain. Elles persuadent notre cerveau de la constance et de la prévisibilité.
    Des études montrent que l'effet réducteur d'anxiété des rituels peut s'appliquer à presque toutes les activités de forte pression.
    Les psychologues du sport pensent aussi que les rituels de pré-performances peuvent accorder des bénéfices aux athlètes, comme une meilleure exécution et une possible réduction du niveau d'anxiété.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 13-10-2021 à 14:07:32 (S | E)
    Hello dear Friends!

VOICI LA CORRECTION DU FOLLOW UP WORK! MERCI de votre Très Bon travail !

When the anthropologist Malinowski visited Papua, New Guinea in the early 20th Century, he noted the elaborate preparations fishermen would make before setting out to sea. They would carefully paint their canoes with black, red and white paint, chanting spells as they did so. The vessel would be struck with wooden sticks, the bows stained with red ochre and crew members would adorn their arms with shells. But when they went out into the nearby calm lagoon, they did not use these rites. Malinowski concluded that the "magic"* rituals performed by the islanders were a response to help them cope with the unpredictable might of the Pacific Ocean.
    Fishermen in other parts of the world are also prone to superstitions and rituals to help them cope with the uncertainty and dangers of their profession. Evidence points to the existence of rituals long before the 20th century. One of the earliest examples of a human ritual practice is thought to be dating back 70,000 years.

Lorsque l'anthropologue Malinowski visita la Papouasie-Nouvelle-Guinée au début du 20e siècle il remarqua les préparatifs minutieux auxquels se livraient les pêcheurs avant de prendre la mer. Ils peignaient avec soin leurs canots avec de la peinture noire, rouge et blanche, tout en psalmodiant des incantations. Ils cognaient sur le navire avec des bâtons de bois, la proue était teintée d'ocre rouge et les membres de l'équipage ornaient leurs bras de coquillages. Mais lorsqu'ils sortaient dans le lagon calme, à proximité, ils n'utilisaient pas ces rites. Malinowski en conclut que la magie, les rituels pratiqués par les insulaires étaient une réaction les aidant à faire face à la puissance imprévisible de l'océan Pacifique.
    Dans d'autres parties du monde, les pêcheurs étaient également enclins aux superstitions et rituels pour les aider à faire face à l'incertitude et aux dangers de leur profession. Des preuves indiquent l'existence de rituels bien avant le 20e siècle. On pense, que l'un des premiers exemples de pratique rituelle humaine remonterait à 70 000 ans.
    C'est Très Bien, Taiji! Bravo ! Tu as très bien compris et traduit le texte !

A ritual is defined by psychologists as "a predefined sequence of symbolic actions often characterised by formality and repetition that lacks direct instrumental purpose". Research identifies three elements in a ritual. First, it consists of behaviours that occur in fixed succession and are typified by formality and repetition. Secondly, the behaviours have symbolic meaning and lastly, these ritualised behaviours generally have no obvious useful purpose.
    Sports psychologists also propose that pre-performance rituals can confer benefits for athletes, such as better execution and possible reduction in anxiety levels.

Un rituel est défini par les psychologues comme " une séquence prédéfinie d'actions symboliques souvent caractérisées par la formalité et la répétition sans but instrumental direct " La recherche identifie trois éléments dans un rituel. D'abord, il consiste en des comportements qui se produisent dans une succession fixe qui sont caractérisés par la formalité et la répétition. Ensuite, les comportements ont une signification symbolique et enfin ces comportements ritualisés n'ont généralement pas de but utiles évidents.
    Les rituels peuvent également nous rendre moins anxieux. Les pratiques rituelles peuvent contribuer à apporter un certain degré de prévisibilité à un avenir incertain. Elles persuadent notre cerveau de la constance et de la prévisibilité.
    Des études montrent que l'effet réducteur d'anxiété des rituels peut s'appliquer à presque toutes les activités à forte pression.
    Les psychologues du sport pensent aussi que les rituels de pré-performances peuvent apporter des bénéfices aux athlètes, comme une meilleure exécution et une réduction possible du niveau d'anxiété.
    Bravo, Magie. Tu as très bien maîtrisé cette traduction très difficile.

Rafael Nadal, winner of 20 Grand Slam singles titles, reportedly has almost as many rituals – 19 – which he uses before each match. Nadal explains that his rituals are "a way of placing myself in a match, ordering my surroundings to match the order I seek in my head."
    When we experience loss, we often feel a loss of control, so it's perhaps not surprising that rituals are used to create some semblance of order to regain control.
    Overall, research suggests that whether informal, secular, individual or group-based, rituals can have a positive effect on our wellbeing. Given that rituals have stress-busting qualities, we’re advised to "adopt pre-performance rituals during stressful situations in our own lives, perhaps before giving a presentation at work, taking an exam, or having a difficult conversation." They could help steel us for the rough seas ahead.

Rafael Nadal, vainqueur de 20 titres en simple du Grand Chelem aurait presque autant de rituels - 19 - qu'il utilise avant chaque match. Nadal explique que ces rituels sont « une manière de me placer dans un match, d’ordonner faire correspondre mon environnement à l’ordre que je recherche dans la tête. »
    Les rituels peuvent nous aider à surmonter aussi certaines périodes les plus difficiles de notre vie, comme un deuil.
    Lorsque nous subissons une perte, nous ressentons souvent une perte de contrôle, aussi il n’est peut-être pas surprenant que l’on utilise des rituels pour créer un semblant d’ordre et reprendre le contrôle.
    Dans l’ensemble, la recherche pense que, les rituels soient informels, laïques, individuels ou en groupe, ils peuvent avoir un effet positif sur notre bien-être. Etant donné que les rituels ont des qualités anti-stress, on nous conseille ″d'adopter des rituels de pré-performance lors de situations stressantes dans nos propres vies, peut-être avant de faire une présentation au travail, de passer un examen, ou d’avoir une conversation difficile″. Ils pourraient nous aider à faire face aux difficultés à venir.
    C'est très bien, Swan! Très bien compris, très bien traduit ! Bravo!

Un grand BRAVO et à nos travailleurs et volontaires !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 14-10-2021 à 10:01:10 (S | E)
    Hello!

Taiji! Ne t'inquiète pas ! Rien ne presse !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de taiji43, postée le 14-10-2021 à 17:49:08 (S | E)
    I have reviewed the whole translation, it will surely be better than the old one ...But I wonder about the sentence the boats were struck (passive)...and wee a response to help cope with

thank you to correct it

Lorsque l'anthropologue Malinowski visita la Papouasie-Nouvelle-Guinée au début du 20e siècle il remarqua les préparatifs minutieux auxquels se livraient les pêcheurs avant de prendre la mer . Ils peignaient avec soin leurs canots avec de la peinture noire, rouge et blanche, tout en spalmodiant des incantations . Ils cognaient sur le navire avec des bâtons de bois, la proue était teintée d'ocre rouge et les membres de l'équipage ornaient leurs bras de coquillages. Mais lorsqu'ils sortaient dans le calme lagon à proximité, ils n'utilisaient pas ces rites. Malinowski en conclua que la magie, les rituels pratiqués par les insulaires étaient une réaction les aidant à faire face à la puissance imprévisible de l'océan Pacifique.
    Dans d'autres parties du monde, les pêcheurs étaient également enclins aux superstitions et rituels pour les aider à faire face à l'incertitude et aux dangers de leur profession. Des preuves indiquent l'existence de rituels bien avant le 20e siècle.On pense, que l 'un des premiers exemples de pratique rituelle humaine remonterait à 70 000 ans. ///

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 15-10-2021 à 13:44:14 (S | E)
    Merci Taiji!

Nous avons encore besoin d'un(e) volontaire !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de swan85, postée le 16-10-2021 à 18:55:45 (S | E)
    Bonsoir
    Je prépare la dernière traduction même sans avoir participé à ce sujet, si vous êtes d'accord.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 16-10-2021 à 23:08:12 (S | E)
    Hello Swan !
    Bien sûr ! Avec plaisir … et un grand merci !

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de swan85, postée le 17-10-2021 à 08:26:54 (S | E)
    Bonjour
    Voici ma proposition :

Rafael Nadal, vainqueur de 20 titres en simple du Grand Chelem aurait presque autant de rituels - 19 - qu'il utilise avant chaque match. Nadal explique que ces rituels sont « une manière de me placer dans un match, d’ordonner mon environnement à l’ordre que je recherche dans ma tête. »
    Les rituels peuvent nous aider à surmonter aussi certaines périodes les plus difficiles de notre vie, comme le deuil.
    Lorsque nous subissons une perte, nous ressentons souvent une perte de contrôle, aussi il n’est peut-être pas surprenant que l’on utilise des rituels pour créer un semblant d’ordre et reprendre le contrôle.
    Dans l’ensemble, la recherche pense que, les rituels soient informels, laïques, individuels ou en groupe, ils peuvent avoir un effet positif sur notre bien-être. Etant donné que les rituels ont des qualités anti-stress, on nous conseille ″d'adopter des rituels de pré-performance lors de situations stressantes dans nos propres vies, peut-être avant de faire une présentation au travail, de passer un examen, ou d’avoir une conversation difficile″.Ils pourraient nous aider à faire face aux difficultés à venir.

Bon dimanche.

Réponse : Rack Your Brains/103 de here4u, postée le 17-10-2021 à 15:28:12 (S | E)
    Hello!

La correction du Follow up Work est terminée ! Bravo et à tous !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux