Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Playing with words/30

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with words/30
    Message de here4u posté le 03-04-2022 à 11:10:08 (S | E | F)
    Hello dear Friends!

Voici le nouveau "Playing and working with words", qui est un peu différent maintenant ... La date limite pour cet exercice est fin avril 2022.

Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne les connaissez pas ! Ce travail est loin d'être un jeu ... mais il peut être très ludique ... Il vous laisse également toute liberté de choisir votre thème !

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. "Easy", isn't it? (In fact, more easily said than done! )

- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
    - You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!

PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS! [ and specify the number of words at the end.]

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens. (Il ne doit y avoir qu'UN SEUL POINT dans votre phrase - à la fin.)
    Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte ... Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne !
    Cet exercice est TRES difficile, c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
    Cependant, pour que chacun ait la possibilité de travailler avec nous, cet exercice a deux niveaux différents. Vous pouvez choisir celui qui vous convient.

Le niveau fera une seule phrase en moins de 80 mots.
    Le niveau reste inchangé : une seule phrase et toujours 60 mots, au plus.

Here are the words:

- To UNDERLINE – To CARRY – a BREADTH - THIEF – FESTIVE – OPTIMISTIC – WHETHER – WHEREAS + une temporelle avec FOR.

Lien internet

C'est parti pour une "très jolie phrase correcte et courte !"
    Go for it with THE FORCE!

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de lapinoues, postée le 06-04-2022 à 17:58:58 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u, here is my sentence:

"WHETHER I'm being OPTIMISTIC or naive, I don't care: this award UNDERLINES the BREADTH of your work and will CARRY us towards a more FESTIVE time in our lives; cherry on top, this THIEF will rot in prison WHEREAS we're celebrating FOR years and years." (44 words)

It took me a while to find it!

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de taiji43, postée le 07-04-2022 à 18:00:07 (S | E)
    Dear Here4U

Like my forum mate , it took me a long time to find this sentene But this way, all the words and grammar are checked.
    thank you, and good reading!

READY TO BE CORRECTED

A newspaper UNDERLINED on a not very OPTIMISTIC tone: during a FESTIVE ball which was to last FOR hours ; nobody knows, WHETHER a THIEF or several, had stolen jewels ... and by a hair BREADTH (et de justesse) they had to run away CARRYING their loot WHEREAS certain victims were shouting  »!46

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de icare29, postée le 10-04-2022 à 10:53:05 (S | E)
    Hello Here4u ...hello everyone.... here is my sentence . READY

- To UNDERLINE ? To CARRY ? a BREADTH - THIEF ? FESTIVE ? OPTIMISTIC ? WHETHER ? WHEREAS une temporelle avec FOR.

I would like to UNDERLINE the success of our FESTIVE party , despite the fact that a THIEF stole some objects WHEREAS the guests had been enjoying the feast FOR HOURS ,fortunately the objects have now been CARRIED in the office, catch your BREATH , we don't know WHETHER they are in good state , but let's remain OPTIMISTIC.
    57 words

thanks for your correction

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de maxwell, postée le 10-04-2022 à 12:30:16 (S | E)
    READY TO BE CORRECTED
    Hello Here4U
    Thanks a lot, I did it quickly this time
    Just under 60! That was a close one!

May I UNDERLINE that WHETHER good friend or not, he has no right to creep into your bedroom like a THIEF in the night, CARRY out his business, however FESTIVE it is, and sneak out by a hair's BREADTH before I come in, WHEREAS we'VE BEEN married FOR seven years; I'm not OPTIMISTIC about our future. (59)

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de here4u, postée le 10-04-2022 à 15:18:50 (S | E)
    Hello littlerene!

PLEASE... just to help me, can you capitalize the 8 words and the construction that had to be used! Forever grateful!

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de littlerene24, postée le 14-04-2022 à 22:15:33 (S | E)
    Of course, you are right. Here is my new version.
    Thank you.

"I don't want to get CARRIED away, your Honor, but I would like to UNDERLINE that WHETHER he showed himself as an OPTIMISTIC and FESTIVE fellow, provided with A BREADTH of human qualities and even WHEREAS he was charming with everybody FOR MANY YEARS, He actually was an inveterate THIEF." (50 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de here4u, postée le 20-04-2022 à 16:58:49 (S | E)
    Hello!

Don't forget you have a Super Challenge to take up! A tricky sentence to write... You still have a lot of time to invent it!

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de littlerene24, postée le 26-04-2022 à 13:56:11 (S | E)
    Hello Here4U, find here a new try.

It was WHEN I saw what was UNDERLINED on the newspaper front page, that I learnt that WHEREAS everybody was turning OPTIMISTIC and FESTIVE under alcohol effect, the THIEF took the opportunity TO CARRY away A BREADTH of wallets, purses, and other things which had stayed without surveillance FOR A TOO MUCH LONG TIME. (54 words)

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de amalia80, postée le 27-04-2022 à 17:17:25 (S | E)
    Hello ! Here4u !
    here is my answer ! but it seems pulled by the hair!

WHEREAS the FESTIVE commemoration had started for more than two hours,the more OPTIMISTIC of the organisers, wondered WHETHER it should be appropriated to UNDERLINE that a THIEF had broken into the BREADTH of the park ,and was about to CARRY out bags ans coats. 44words

Réponse : Playing with words/30 de here4u, postée le 30-04-2022 à 19:03:27 (S | E)
    Hello, dear workers!

Yes! This exercise was certainly extremely difficult!
    Le "tirage" n'était pas facile cette fois-ci ! Plusieurs mots étaient vraiment difficiles à "placer" ... mais celui qui vous a le plus gênés c'est clairement "whereas" que vous avez souvent mal employé. En , l'emploi de ce mot de liaison exprimant un contraste est moins strict. Il peut parfois être employé à la place de "while" qui, lui, exprime un temps :

Lien internet

Dans la mesure du possible exprimez le contraste avec "whereas" (alors que) et le temps avec "while" (pendant que).

Comme toujours, j'ai corrigé "à minima" pour ne pas trahir vos idées.

- "WHETHER I'm being OPTIMISTIC or naive, I don't care: this award UNDERLINES the BREADTH of your work and will CARRY us towards a more FESTIVE time in our lives; cherry on top, this THIEF will rot in prison WHEREAS we're celebrating FOR years and years." (44 words) ("whereas" est "limite" ...)

- In a far from OPTIMISTIC * tone a newspaper UNDERLINED: during a FESTIVE ball which was to last FOR hours, nobody knows WHETHER a THIEF or several, had stolen jewels... and by a hair BREADTH B, ran away CARRYING their loot WHEREAS certain victims were shouting! 46 words

* very unnatural. Une bonne phrase par ailleurs.

- I would like to UNDERLINE the success of our FESTIVE party : although/yet a THIEF stole some objects WHEREAS the guests had been enjoying the feast FOR HOURS; fortunately, the objects have now been CARRIED into the office - catch your BREATH, we don't know WHETHER they are in a good state, but let's remain OPTIMISTIC…
    (57 words) Good!
    despite the fact that est maladroit (surtout dans ce contexte) et utilise beaucoup de mots … Although (mais est-ce le sens voulu ?)/ yet

- May I UNDERLINE that WHETHER(he is) a good friend or not, he has no right to creep into your bedroom like a THIEF in the night, CARRY out his business, however FESTIVE it is, and sneak out by a hair's BREADTH before I come in, WHEREAS we'VE BEEN married FOR seven years; I'm not OPTIMISTIC about our future. (59) TB

- "I don't want to get carried away, your Honor, but I would like to underline that whether he showed himself as an optimistic and festive fellow, provided with a breadth of human qualities and even (whereas if he was charming with everybody for many years, he actually was an inveterate thief." (50 words)

- It was WHEN I saw what was UNDERLINED on the newspaper front page, that I learnt that WHEREAS everybody was turning OPTIMISTIC and FESTIVE under alcohol effect, the THIEF took the opportunity TO CARRY away A BREADTH of wallets, purses, and other things which had stayed without surveillance FOR TOO LONG A TIME. (54 words) (un usage douteux …) Dommage ! TB par ailleurs

- WHEREAS WHILE the FESTIVE commemoration had started for more than two hours, the most OPTIMISTIC of the organisers, wondered WHETHER it should be appropriate to UNDERLINE that a THIEF had broken into the BREADTH of the park, and was about to CARRY out bags and coats. 44 words

Bravo à tous pour vos efforts ... Revoyez bien le lien au sujet de "whereas"...

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux