Oral/ idea of progressCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de thewanderer posté le 09-06-2018 à 09:50:42 (S | E | F)
je passe bientôt mon oral d'anglais pour le Bac et je me demandais si vous pouviez corriger mes erreurs, s'il vous plaît ?
J'ai choisi la notion Idée de progrès, merci et bonne journée !
The notion Idea of Progress, it's the idea that the world and the society can evolve positively in therms of sciences, technology, modernization, living condition, etc. However, the idea of progress is still debate between those who consider that it’s beneficial and those for whom it’s harmful. This notion is illustrate by three documents, the science fiction movie Gattaca, the document Design your baby and an advertisement of the 60's. But what does progress can have negative effects?
The science fiction movie Gattaca is a great example for the notion Idea of progress because in this movie, two parents, Antonio and Maria, will see a geneticist to conceive their second child and choose the perfect gene to eradicate all diseases and malformation. In the movie, it's a regular procedure, almost everybody are the perfect genetic but some people are conceive by the natural way and they are persecuted because they aren't perfect, they're even excluded of the society. We can see in a scene, the protagonist, Vincent Freeman, and his brother, Anton, swimming in the sea. Anton who was conceived by the science to be perfect physically and intellectually while Vincent who was conceived by the natural way. During this scene, at first, Anton swim faster while Vicent but finally, Vincent surpass Anton which shows that the perfect genetics may not be able to surpass human nature. But this movie show us that trying to create the perfect human being can have negative effects because the society become discriminatory towards people conceived by natural way.
Then, the document Design your baby denounce the medical progress in genetics because in the text A, we can selecting your future’s baby’s features to create a perfect baby, we can choose the hair, eyes, if your baby will have freckles, eradicate all diseases and high IQ and also the personality. They created a procedure called PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis) but some people feel it could lead to a rise of such individuals becoming « second-class » citizens. But this procedure could save lives like in case of Molly Nash in the text B, her mother and father want use the PGD to conceive a brother for Molly who could save her because Molly is suffering frm a rare illness, Fanconi's Anemia. But that can arise ethical issue because Adam was created just to save his sister so how will he react later ?
The last document is an advertisement of the 60's which show a woman who use a fridge to preserves food, for this time, it was an incredible progress in technology. And this advertisement show that the technological advance can facilitate everyday life, there is also positives aspects of progress. But, this advertisement show also that the women in 60's was consider as inferior to the man, and the women being supposed to do the housework and cooking while the man working. It's an implicit message about the position of woman in the family, it's revolting and it's maybe technological progress but that show us mentalities do not change about the position of woman for some points, wages, job but also some man thinks yet that woman is inferior at man.
To conclude, the progress medical, scientific and technological is a way to improve the future but also everyday life. Yet, this progress are dangerous in some points, it may cause more discrimanation and violence towards people.
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-06-2018 10:47
Réponse : Oral/ idea of progress de laure95, postée le 10-06-2018 à 14:35:37 (S | E)
- The notion Idea of Progress, it'(pas de reprise de sujet)s the idea that
- sciences: singulier.
- living condition: mettre au pluriel.
- the idea of progress is still debate (participe passé) between
- This notion is illustrate (participe passé) by three documents,
- what does progress can have negative effects?: enlever does et mettre can à la place.
- everybody are: everybody + singulier.
- some people are conceive: participe passé.
- they're even excluded of the society: pas la bonne préposition.
- Anton who was conceived by the (pas de the) science
- Anton swim ( faute de conjugaison) faster while (pas le bon mot)Vicent
- Vincent surpass Anton: faute de conjugaison.
- But this movie show us: faute de conjugaison.
- the society become: faute de conjugaison.
- Then, the document Design your baby denounce: faute de conjugaison.
- we can selecting: can + infinitif.
- your future’s (pas de 's)baby’s features
- They (have)created a procedure called PGD
_ like in (article)case of Molly Nash in the text B,
- her mother and father want (préposition)use the PGD
-But that can arise ethical issue (pluriel)
- The last document is an advertisement of the 60's which show :faute de conjugaison.
- a woman who use: faute de conjugaison.
- to preserves: to + infinitif.
- for this time: that pas this.
- And this advertisement show: faute de conjugaison.
- there is also positives aspects of progress: there is + singulier.
- But, this advertisement show: faute de conjugaison.
- that the women in 60's was consider: faute de conjugaison.
- the man: pluriel.
- and the women being supposed to do the housework and cooking while the man (plureil)working.
- It's an implicit message about the position of (article) woman in the family,
- that show: faute de conjugaison.
- some man (pluriel) thinks: faute de conjugaison.
- yet that woman is inferior at (pas la bonne préposition) man.
- the progress medical, scientific and technological: ordre des mots.
- this progress are: faute de conjugaison.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais