Aide/Places and forms of PowerCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de gipce posté le 02-12-2018 à 23:21:39 (S | E | F)
Voici ma notion pour le bac, pourriez vous me donner vos avis et/ou me corriger en cas d’erreurs s'il vous plait? m
Merci pour vos réponses.
I’m going to deal with the notion places and forms of power. I will explain what I understand by it. The power can be defined as follows : the possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy, power over people’s minds. I’m gonna use the does we have studied in class this year. Let’s take the example of Gunpower in the USA.
The first document which I’ve chosen is a cover of a magazine where we can spot an American woman who looks threatening, proud and determind. She won’t hesitate to pull the trigger on any trespassers who breaks into her house. In this front page a sign where is write : “BEWARE ! If my dog doesn’t get you, my shotgun will”. Her gun is more reliable than her dog. Her gun won’t fail her. She trust more her gun than her dog. She feels confident and invincible.
This lady embodies millions of American people who worship their arms as they feel mighty with them.
The constitution gives American people the right to bear arms and defend themselves. (ouverture)
They are proud to handle a sticky situation by themselves.
The press is considered as the fourth power. The fact that such a scene is published on the front page of magazine shows how weapons are commoditized and as the title say, they are becoming an obsession for Americans.
Guns are become a culture for American people. Since they are newborn they grow up with firearm. ( transition 2e doc)
Conclusion : This document is linked to the notion places and forms of power because people think that they have power to protect themselves thanks by guns and guarantee safety to them.
Now, I’d like to focus on my second document. As I said before the newborn grow up in a society where guns are commonplace, as shown by the photography which I pick. We can notice, at Christmas time, an 8 year-old child who is holding an assault rifle, surrounded by his dad and Santa Claus.
What strikes us is that the child bear a gun next to his father and a person with whom we are supposed to be wise to get gifts for Christmas ! Here, the gift his a weapon.
The child looks elated because of the present he’s just got.
In USA, firearms are seen as rewards for being good little boys and girls all year round.
Santa Claus is a good figure in the mores of the population while weapons have a rather bad image, it is on total contradiction according to our culture.
The father’s behaviour is astounding ! He is proud, He epitomizes all the parents who are convinced their kids will be safe if they own an arm. They think it’s the right thing to do, give a child a gun, as guns mean power and safety what is written in the constitution. It means that children are taught from an early age to sort out issues by themselves. Children are used to shooting with their parents and holding guns regulary. They living surrounded by guns.
A lot of parents are to blame for this situation but they’re not the only ones. Internet, the medias, video games, the whole nation can be held responsible for it.
Parents think they have the power to guarantee protection to their children but guns can do more harm than protect them. They all over look the fact domestic accidents involving young children occur every day. 9 children are killed on a daily basis. They are often the first victims of mass or school shootings.
Indeed, my third document is about mass school shooting. It is an vidéo story of Craig Nason who is survivant of Columbine school shooting.
This massacre was occured on April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School in Littleton in Colorado. Leaving 15 dead, including the two students responsible for the attack. It was one of the deadliest school shooting incident in America history. The shooting were carried out by Eric Harris, 18 years-old and Dylan Klebold, 17 years-old. They entered Columbine High School with semi-automatic rifles, pistols and explosives. We don’t know why they did it because they make away with oneself after kill 13 of their classmates.
Craig Nason tells that, he was 17 years-old when this tragedy took place. He heard deaf noises and students running outside classroom. He and his class barricaded themselves in a classroom. While this long minutes students thought it was the end of their lives. It’s why they called their family to tell them how much they loves them. When they found out that the massacre was over, it was a relief. 20 years later he tells us that this tragedy change is life. The memories of his classmates who passed away and the feeling of guilt marked him forever. Guns possess the power of break lives and traumatize any lives.
Is quite an emergency to do something to stop the slaughter of innocent victims at school.
We point out the killer are really young, the youngest is even only 6 years.
The common point between the young killer is they were either the victims of bullying, and now it’s their revenge or they have mental issues or they didn’t accept to be turned down.Anyway, if they didn’t have weapons it wouldn’t happen.
Final conclusion :
Weapons confer the power of life or death but it’s not sit. They make the people who possess them too confident as if they have absolute power. That’s why these documents are part of the notion places and forms of power.
Modifié par lucile83 le 03-12-2018 07:52
Réponse : Aide/Places and forms of Power de laure95, postée le 03-12-2018 à 14:40:48 (S | E)
- I will explain what I understand by it: mal dit. Faites plutôt une phrase dans laquelle vous dites que vous en allez en donner une définition.
- The (pas de the)power can be defined as follows
- the does: ?
- determind: orthographe.
- She won’t hesitate (pourquoi le futur?)to pull the trigger on any trespassers who breaks (faute de conjugaison)into her house.
- In (pas la bonne préposition)this front page a sign where is write : mal construit.
- She trust: faute de conjugaison.
- on the front page of (article)magazine
- as the title say: aml dit + faute de conjugaison.
- Guns are become: temps?
- Since they are (passé)newborn they grow (since + present perfect) up with firearm (pluriel).
- thanks by (pas la bonne préposition)guns
- the newborn grow (faute de conjugaison)up
- which I pick: passé.
- the child bear (présent be + ing)a gun
- Here, the gift his (orthographe)a weapon.
- In (article)USA,
- guns mean power and safety what (pas le bon mot ici) is written in the constitution.
- They living (temps?)surrounded by guns.
- the medias: pas de the)
- They all over look the fact: ?
- It is an (a + mot commençant par une consonne) vidéo (pas d'accent)story of Craig Nason who is survivant (mot français)
- this (that pas this)massacre was (pas de was)occured
- in America (marque de l'appartenance) history.
- The shooting were carried: faute de conjugaison.
- 18 years-old and Dylan Klebold, 17 years-old: pas de tiret.
- they make away with oneself after kill (after + verbe + ing) 13 of their classmates.
- he was 17 years-old (pas de tiret)
- outside classroom :pluriel.
- While this (this + singulier) long minutes
- It’s why: that's why.
- they called their family (pluriel) to tell them how much they loves (passé)them.
- this tragedy change (present perfect) is (orthographe) life.
- he feeling of guilt marked him forever! present perfect.
- Guns possess the power of break (of + verbe + ing)lives and traumatize any lives.
- (sujet?)Is quite an emergency
- We point (passé) out the killer (pluriel)are really young,
- the youngest is even only 6 years (old)
- if they didn’t have weapons it wouldn’t (have) happen.(participe passé)
Final conclusion :
- it’s not sit: ?
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais