Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Difference between these verbs

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Difference between these verbs
    Message de ferdawss posté le 25-04-2010 à 19:51:11 (S | E | F)

Hello,
    what is the difference between these verbs :

I had been working
    I have worked
    I had worked
    I will have been working
    I will have worked
    I have been working

Thanks for your answers.
    -------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 25-04-2010 20:19
    Politesse

Réponse: Difference between these verbs de gerondif, postée le 25-04-2010 à 20:06:18 (S | E)
    Hello to you too !
    It is difficult to explain without a context:
    what is the difference between these tenses:

I had been working: When you arrived last night, I was tired because I had been working.( you insist on the duration)
    I have worked : look ! Here is my exercise.(you show now the result of a past action)
    I had worked before you arrived.(You just state the fact)
    I will have been working: Tomorrow, when you arrive at 5, I will have been working all afternoon and I will feel tired ( you insist on the duration)
    I will have worked: Tomorrow, when you arrive at 5, I will have worked all afternoon (you state the fact and don't insist too much on the duration)
    I have been working: the same as "I have worked" but you insist on the duration.
    I've been working all afternoon, I'm exhausted !

Réponse: Difference between these verbs de notrepere, postée le 26-04-2010 à 23:55:05 (S | E)
    Hello!

This is like asking, what is the difference between the Présent, Imparfait, Passé simple, Futur, Subjonctif, Conditionnel, Plus-que-parfait, Futur antérieur, etc. in French. The answer: a lot of hard work, a lot of memorization, a lot of tears, a lot of screaming, a lot of coffee, maybe a few glasses of wine. You will find, however, as in both French and English and most other languages, for day to day conversation, all you need to know is past, present and future. I can't tell you the last time I used the Future Perfect Continuous in English: I will have been working... It just ain't () all that commonly used.

P.S. Spend your time learning the Present and Past Continuous in English. These seem to stump () English learners the most. Once you have that down (), you will have been working a long time with the English language.

WARNING:

-------------------
    Modifié par notrepere le 26-04-2010 23:56

Réponse: Difference between these verbs de may, postée le 27-04-2010 à 03:55:44 (S | E)
    Bonsoir,

Also, a lot of anger . However, when I ask somebody:

" Have you ever visited the United States ", present perfect tense is my only choice to make a perfect sense, isn't it?

Regards,

Réponse: Difference between these verbs de notrepere, postée le 27-04-2010 à 04:08:01 (S | E)
    Hello:

You're right, May. You better learn ALL of the present tenses in English. Present Perfect is pretty important.

Yes, I have visited the United States. I live there. However, I have never visited France.

WARNING:

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 27-04-2010 08:03
    You need not warn people; American English is not that dangerous, is it?

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux