Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Correction/host family

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction/host family
    Message de vir posté le 23-02-2014 à 14:23:52 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour à tous,
    voici une petite lettre, j'aimerais savoir s'il y a des fautes s'il vous plaît :

Dear host family,
    My name is Lea. I have 18 years-old and I study sciences in High school. I love to travel and to discover others ways of living and of thinking. I read a lot and I write sometimes. I like video games too. I see my fathers every days and I know that I can count on them. My brother doesn’t live in our home anymore, but he often comes back. I would like to leave for win in maturity and discover what there is outside of the life I have ever known. I already know it will be a wonderful adventure and that it will change me a lot. I don’t want a year where I am amazed at extraordinary things but where I discover ordinary things. I hope that me too, if you want it, I will bring you, and the high school where I will go, a little of my culture,
    Friendly,

Merci pour votre aide !

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 23-02-2014 18:27

Réponse: Correction/host family de bluestar, postée le 23-02-2014 à 17:09:52 (S | E)
    Hello..

Dear host family,
    My name is Lea. I have 18 years-old and I study sciences in High school. I love to travel and to discover others ways of living and of thinking. I read a lot and I write sometimes. I like video games too. I see my fathers every days (singulier apres 'every') and I know that I can count on them. My brother doesn’t live in our home anymore, but he often comes back. I would like to leave for win in maturity and discover what there is outside of the life I have ever always known. I already know it will be a wonderful adventure and that it will change me a lot. I don’t want a year where I am amazed at extraordinary things but where I discover ordinary things. I hope that me too, if you want it, I will bring you, and the high school where I will go, a little of my culture,
    Friendly,
    'With best wishes', ou 'sincerely' serait mieux

Réponse: Correction/host family de vir, postée le 23-02-2014 à 19:17:07 (S | E)
    Merci.

Réponse: Correction/host family de camillelorraine, postée le 23-02-2014 à 19:38:59 (S | E)
    Dear host family,
    My name is Lea. I have (verbe être) 18 years-old and I study sciences in High school. I love to travel (traveling, pas de to) and discover others ways of living and of thinking . I read a lot(so much) and I write sometimes (sometimes avant le verbep). I like video games too. I see my fathers every days and I know that I can count on them. My brother doesn’t live in our home, but he often comes back. I would like to leave for win in maturity and discover what there is outside of the life I have ever known. I already know it will be a wonderful adventure and that it will change me a lot. I don’t want a year where I am amazed at extraordinary things but where I discover ordinary things. I hope that me too, if you want it, I will bring you, and the high school where I will go, a little of my culture,
    Friendly,
    Tes phrases sont un peu trop traduites mot à mot, ce n'est pas grave mais ça fait bizarre.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 23-02-2014 21:11
    Correction non fiable car vous laissez trop de fautes

Réponse: Correction/host family de here4u, postée le 23-02-2014 à 20:06:13 (S | E)
    Bonsoir,

En plus des corrections apportées, je retirerais le tiret de '18 years-old'. Il faut mettre un tiret lorsqu'on fait un adjectif composé : an 18-year-old girl (et comme il fait partie de l'adjectif - invariable en anglais-, 'years' perd son s !) Sinon, on écrit '18 years old' !

De plus, camillelorraine a indiqué la faute de 'I love to travel'; il y a, bien sûr la même pour 'discover'
    Bon courage !
    here4u

Réponse: Correction/host family de bluestar, postée le 26-02-2014 à 09:35:38 (S | E)
    Hello,

'I love to travel' seems ok to me; so does 'I love travelling'. They mean the same thing. I quote from the Oxford Learner's Pocket Grammar: "some verbs can take either a to-infinitive or a gerund with no difference in meaning"..The examples given, as well as love, include begin, bear, hate, intend, like, prefer, propose , start, and six others. On the Internet I find, "Ten Careers for People who Love to Travel".

Réponse: Correction/host family de lemagemasque, postée le 26-02-2014 à 16:21:02 (S | E)
    Hello bluestar!

Il y a une petite différence entre les deux ; elle tend cependant à disparaître !
    - I love travelling : J'aime voyager en général, ce qui est accentué par le gérondif.

- I love to travel : C'est quelque chose que je n'aime pas faire généralement, sauf en certaines circonstances.
    I like watching films but I don't like to go to the pictures alone.
    Ca peut être aussi quelque chose de nouveau : I'd love to go to the beachside. I've never been there before.
    Ca peut être quelque chose de ponctuel, qui ne se produit pas tout le temps ou rarement : When I am on holiday with a friend, I like to watch grass grow.

Pour savoir quelle forme il faut mettre après certains verbes, demandez-vous si c'est quelque chose de ponctuel/de nouveau ou d'habituel, ça ne marchera pas pour tous les verbes, mais c'est un conseil que je fais :
    I prefer to stay at home at weekends but I prefer eating chocolate, it's better.
    I don't mind listening to music, I love it!
    I'd like to eat chocolate.
    I wish to have a dog.
    You've deserved to be on the homepage!
    I've decided to go to England.

See you!

Réponse: Correction/host family de bluestar, postée le 26-02-2014 à 17:18:28 (S | E)
    Thanks Lemagemasque

I'm aware of these arguments, but the distinctions you make have not much legitimacy in normal English discourse as far as the listed verbs are concerned; that is why the Oxford Grammar didn't give them any weight. If I say "I love to travel" and someone else says "Well, I'm not like you, I just love travelling", it is going to be a dialogue of the deaf! I still think the infinitive can convey these nuances as effectively as the gerund.

Réponse: Correction/host family de lemagemasque, postée le 26-02-2014 à 18:34:39 (S | E)
    Hello!

I agree with you, a lot of people don't care for those little subtleties. However they still exist.
    I won't frown at you anyway if you say "I like to drink beer".
    See you!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux