Oral/Locations and forms of PowerCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de aud posté le 24-03-2014 à 18:47:37 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous!
Voici ma synthèse pour mon oral d'anglais!
Si quelqu'un pouvait me donner son avis ainsi que me corriger mes fautes :/ ?
Je vous remercie d'avance ! Bonne lecture!
I’m going to talk about the notion of “Locations and forms of Power”.
First of all I would like to give a definition of Locations and Power. Locations are a site, a position or the state of being located. Power is defined to a person, group, or nation having great influence or control over others and the ability or official capacity to exercise control, authority (The State, the government, and political organization).
How are freedom of thought and expression linked with power?
On the first part, we’re going to talk about the freedom of thought and expression of people, and on the second part, we’re going to talk about limits and problems of it.
I) The freedom of thought and expression of people
-They haven’t a lot of liberty.
* We saw the document “Big Brother is watching you”. This is an example of freedom of thought and expression of people. He speaks about Winston Smith and his lack of freedom. His flat is not intima. The Thought police control people’s behaviours and minds. This is a part of the party and it makes sure that people don’t have any rebel attitudes, speech or thought against the party.
* The third document denounced censorships the government controls and flitters the information. The government forbid the journalists to do their jobs. The journalist in the picture has gagged with a red gag. Journalists can’t speak and must keep the silence.
-There are groups of people’s liberty or thought and expression in the world.
* We can see that in the second document, a map of Press Freedom. The world is separate in 5 groups: Good situation, satisfactory situation, noticeable problems, difficult situation and very serious situation. In the difficult and very serious situation, they are Totalitarian countries or dictatorships
II) Limits and problems of it
-Totalitarian countries or dictatorships.
*In the document 1, there is a Totalitarian country which influences people. They control their population. People have a lot of contradiction. For example, they must not write what they think even if it is not illegal or people must have a telescreen at home. There is propaganda.
- Inequality and discrimination.
*With the document 2, some emergent countries, some “wealthy” countries undergoing a political or economic crisis. The countries with problems are poor countries or communist countries.
* With the document 4, Malcom X’s quotation, we can say that Media have power to control or influence people mind. It could be good or it could be bad. But there is a dangerfor the population in general.
*In the third document, we can say that they denounced violence made toward the journalists. The symbol of the colour red in the posters is the violence and the dangers. There is physical violence (torture, killed) and psychological violence (kidnapped).
On the conclusion we can say that peoples don’t have a lot of freedom of thought and expression. The world is separate because they have totalitarian countries or dictatorships, inequality, discrimination and violence.
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-03-2014 21:18
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais