Bac/places and forms of powerCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de gregg posté le 30-04-2016 à 21:27:41 (S | E | F)
Le Baccalauréat approchant à grands pas, j'aimerais savoir si mes textes d'oraux sont convenables, savoir si les propos sont cohérents et le contenu intéressant/utile.
Merci si vous me lisez et bonne soirée
«Places» could be important buildings or institutions that represent a certain form of power, for example Buckingham Palace – a symbol of the British monarchy, the White – a symbol of the American presidency. A place can also be a country or a state –for example the USA is a state which is powerful enough to influence events throughout the world (superpower) and China is a major economic power in today’s world. Power is the ability to control others, events, or resources; the ability to make things happen despite obstacles, resistance, or opposition. This of course leads to conflict between those who have power and those who don’t. In which ways power shows itself across diferents players ?
First of all, we will see that there are powers which affects politics, economics or culture which include the USA's power or differents kinds of medias. Finally, we will see that population pressure are a power very important and very strong as the American Revolutionary War or the fight for the African-American civil rights movements.
United States are first economic power since the end of the WW2. They also are a powerful country in sectors of politic and culture. Since the beginning of the twentyth century, they are very powerful. "Thanks" to the world wars, they become a state which nobody can ignore. They are at the beginnig of The United Nations, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD). The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is the most powerful market in the world. Moreover, the "American Way of Life" is present around the world, everybody wear jeans, eat burgers,etc... The american's culture is present around the world, every single person on the planet know the country called United States and that make it very powerful.A country can be very powerful like the United States. But There are other ways to have power.
For exemple, the medias are very influent in our world. Nowadays, we can say that medias have the power to convince people on some news subjects. For exemple, the channel TF1 is owned by the group Dassaut and so they can influence the words of a journalist who tell news. Medias can affect public opinion like in may 68 in France or the recent racist murder by cops in the USA. In politic, during the presidential campains, medias which support a candidate, they can denigrate the other candidate.For exemple the channel Fox which support republicans said if you vote for democrats will kill you. So, medias are very powerful, we can talk about the "4th power". Thomas Jefferson (third president of USA) said one day "Between a state without medias and medias without state,he will have choose medias without state"
Power can be politic, economic,cultural. Nevertheless, demographic pressure can be very powerful and strong. Kennedy said one day "If you suffocate pacific revolution, you make violent revolutions inevitable”.
Starting in 1765, members of American colonial society rejected the authority of the British Parliament to tax them without colonial representatives in the government. During the following decade, protests by colonists—known as Patriots—continued to escalate, as in the Boston Tea Party in 1773 during which patriots destroyed a consignment of taxed tea from the Parliament-controlled and favored East India Company. The British responded by imposing punitive laws—the Coercive Acts—on Massachusetts in 1774, following which Patriots in the other colonies rallied behind Massachusetts. In late 1774 the Patriots set up their own alternative government to better coordinate their resistance efforts against Great Britain, while other colonists, known as Loyalists, preferred to remain aligned to the British Crown.
“Power never takes a back step only in the face of more power” wrote MalcolmX in 1965 in his book Malcolm X Speaks. The fight of the minister Martin Luther King for the african-american civil rights movement. He led campaign of protest and boycott against the bus company that lasted 381 days. On 13 November 1956, the US Supreme Court case segregationist laws in the bus, declaring them unconstitutional. The demographic pressure have power and can affect government or even all a population.
To conclude, we can say that power come from many ways and its very usefull for defend the cause we trust in. But power can be dangerous and can lead to totalitarism. Power is helpfull between correct hands. "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Quotation from Abraham Lincoln who was the sixteenth Unites States's president.
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-04-2016 22:00
Réponse: Bac/places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 01-05-2016 à 19:19:49 (S | E)
- This of course leads to conflict (pluriel)
- In which ways power shows itself across diferents players ?:revoir structure d'une question.
- First of all, we will see that there are powers which affects: faute de conjugaison.
- differents (pas de "s")kinds of medias (pas de "s").
- Finally, we will see that population pressure are (singulier)a power very important (ordre des mots)and very strong
- (article)United States are (since + present prefect)(article)first economic power since the end of the (pas de THE) WW2.
- They also are (ordre des mots)a powerful country in sectors of politic (mal dit)
- Since the beginning of the twentyth (orthographe)century, they are (present perfect)very powerful.
- "Thanks" to the world wars, they become (present perfect)a state
- They are at the beginnig of The United Nations,
- everybody wear (singulier)jeans, eat burgers,etc...
- The american's (pas de "s" + majuscule)culture is present around the world,: répétition.
- every single person on the planet know (singulier)the country called (article)United States and that make (faute de conjugaison) it very powerful.
- For exemple: orthographe) the medias (pas de "s") are very influent in our world.
- the (pas de THE) channel TF1
- journalist who tell (faute de conjugaison) news.
- In politic (mettre un "s")
-For exemple the channel Fox which support (idem)republicans
- said if you vote for democrats will kill you: ?
-Power can be politic (pas le bon mot), economic (pas le bon mot),cultural.
- In late 1774: mal dit.
- He led (article)campaign of protest and boycott against the bus company that lasted 381 days.
-On 13 November 1956, the US Supreme Court case (ou est le verbe?)
- The demographic pressure have (faute de conjugaison) power
- To conclude, we can say that power come (faute de conjugaison)from many ways and its (orthographe) very usefull (orthographe)for (pas la bonne préposition)
- . Power is helpfull between correct hands: mal dit.
Réponse: Bac/places and forms of power de gregg, postée le 08-05-2016 à 18:13:16 (S | E)
Très bien merci
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-05-2016 19:01
Nous ne jugeons jamais les textes.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais