Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Oral/Myths and Heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Myths and Heroes
    Message de picaxe posté le 16-05-2016 à 18:10:10 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour à tous,
    Je passe l'oral d'anglais dans quelques jours. J'ai fais ma notion sur les mythes et les héros et j'aurais voulu avoir de votre aide pour corriger les éventuelles fautes.
    Merci beaucoup d'avance. Bonne journée !

Good morning, today, I am going to talk about the notion of Myths and heroes. First of all, a myth is a theme or character type representing an idea. A hero is someone with noble qualities, and great courage who scarifies himself for his nation or others people. This year in class we studied several documents about war on screen and the vision of war heroes in Hollywood. That’s why, we can wonder what the vision of war does the art reflect? First of all, to answer this question we will focus on the values of Americans soldiers. Then we will analyse how war films represents soldiers as heroes before finally focusing on victims of the war on screen. To illustrate this theme, we will work on three documents.

The first document I have chosen is the Soldier’s Creed. It reflects a set of Army Values by which all Soldiers live: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. These principles define who Soldiers are and who they aspire to become, as individuals and as part of a team. The Creed is taught in basic training and recited at ceremonies, in public and at the conclusion of training. The people who join the army are volunteers and want to pledge allegiance to their country. I think the soldiers can be qualified as heroes because they are courageous and determined. To me, a hero is a normal person, who one day faces a danger or a problem. At this moment he is ready to risk it all to do something exceptional for the others. Just like soldiers who are ready to save someone else. But the art has a nuanced view of the war. Sometimes they are considered as heroes, sometimes or not.

Secondly, the next document is a poster of the film entitled “Saving Private Ryan” directed by Steven Spielberg in 1998. The film is based on a Second World War story. In the background we can see four mal characters. They wear a war costume and helmets so they are soldiers. The angle shot used is close-up so we can see in details their expressions. They look focus on their missions. In the foreground we can see a man in the shadow, probably private Ryan. There is a tag line on the bottom of the poster: “the mission is a man”. We can imagine that the heroes played by Matt Damon and Tom Hanks, have the order to find Ryan and bring him back. To my mind, the soldiers seem to be very brave and dedicated, ready to sacrifice their own lives for their mission. They look courageous and heroic. They have the values of the soldier’s creed. But does art represent always soldiers as heroes?

Finally, the last document I have chosen is a poster of the film entitled “Platoon” directed by Oliver Stone in 1987. This film poster is an extremely effective and informative one. The first thing that we notice is the title “Platoon”, written in red, a colour which has connotations of danger and death, as it is associated with blood. The “O” letters are represented by dog tags which are very iconic of the military. In the middle we can see a man but we can’t see his face. He seems desperate and helpless. He is dressed up in a dirty uniform showing us that he has been through a lot of traumatic fighting. He’s kneeling on the ground and he looks like Jesus Christ on the cross. He may be asking God to save his life or he feels guilty for having killed people. Finally, on the background we can see an explosion probably caused by a napalm strike in the tropical jungle. I think this movie shows a very dramatic vision of the war with brutal and horrific scenes. Soldiers are portrayed as martyrs and as victims of the Vietnam war I like this poster because even having seen the movie I can imagine the story and the themes.

To conclude I would say that the aspect of war on screen depends of the movie. Those posters confirm that sometimes soldiers are heroes and sometimes they are victims. But as Harry Patch said, said “War is organized murder, nothing less”. I side with Harry Patch because only a few soldiers can be heroes and the others are normal people. Indeed, some wars are fought for reasons that may not be justified. In the Vietnam war, a lot of young American soldiers did not feel concerned by the conflict, and they must have been traumatised by what they saw and did.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 16-05-2016 21:00

Réponse: Oral/Myths and Heroes de laure95, postée le 18-05-2016 à 14:50:16 (S | E)
    Bonjour,
    -scarifies
    - others (pas de S)people.
    - we can wonder what the vision of war does the art reflect?: question indirecte : what + sujet + verbe conjugué.
    - Americans (pas de S) soldiers.
    - how war films represents (faute de conjugaison) soldiers as heroes

- to risk it (enlever IT) all to do something exceptional for the others.
    - But the (pas de THE) art has a nuanced view of the war.

- four mal (orthographe)characters. They wear (présent en BE+ing) a war costume (pluriel)and helmets
    - The angle shot used is (article)close-up
    - They look focus (participe passé) on their missions.
    - But does art represent always (pas à la bonne place)soldiers as heroes?

- a colour which has (article)connotations of danger and death,

Réponse: Oral/Myths and Heroes de picaxe, postée le 18-05-2016 à 17:30:00 (S | E)
    Merci beaucoup de votre réponse ,voici le corrigé. En revanche je n'ai pas trouvé l'article de la dernière correction. Merci d'avance.

Good morning, today, I am going to talk about the notion of Myths and heroes. First of all, a myth is a theme or character type representing an idea. A hero is someone with noble qualities, and great courage who sacrifices himself for his nation or other people. This year in class we studied several documents about war on screen and the vision of war heroes in Hollywood. That’s why, we can wonder what vision of war art reflects? First of all, to answer this question we will focus on the values of American soldiers. Then we will analyse how war films represent soldiers as heroes before finally focusing on victims of the war on screen. To illustrate this theme, we will work on three documents.

The first document I have chosen is the Soldier’s Creed. It reflects a set of Army Values by which all Soldiers live: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. These principles define who Soldiers are and who they aspire to become, as individuals and as part of a team. The Creed is taught in basic training and recited at ceremonies, in public and at the conclusion of training. The people who join the army are volunteers and want to pledge allegiance to their country. I think the soldiers can be qualified as heroes because they are courageous and determined. To me, a hero is a normal person, who one day faces a danger or a problem. At this moment he is ready to risk it all to do something exceptional for the others. Just like soldiers who are ready to save someone else. But art has a nuanced view of the war. Sometimes they are considered as heroes, sometimes or not.

Secondly, the next document is a poster of the film entitled “Saving Private Ryan” directed by Steven Spielberg in 1998. The film is based on a Second World War story. In the background we can see four men. They wear a war costume and helmets so they are soldiers. The angle shot used is close-up so we can see in details their expressions. They look focused on their missions. In the foreground we can see a man in the shadow, probably private Ryan. There is a tag line on the bottom of the poster: “the mission is a man”. We can imagine that the heroes played by Matt Damon and Tom Hanks, have the order to find Ryan and bring him back. To my mind, the soldiers seem to be very brave and dedicated, ready to sacrifice their own lives for their mission. They look courageous and heroic. They have the values of the soldier’s creed. But does art represent soldiers always as heroes?

Finally, the last document I have chosen is a poster of the film entitled “Platoon” directed by Oliver Stone in 1987. This film poster is an extremely effective and informative one. The first thing that we notice is the title “Platoon”, written in red, a colour which has connotations of danger and death, as it is associated with blood. The “O” letters are represented by dog tags which are very iconic of the military. In the middle we can see a man but we can’t see his face. He seems desperate and helpless. He is dressed up in a dirty uniform showing us that he has been through a lot of traumatic fighting. He’s kneeling on the ground and he looks like Jesus Christ on the cross. He may be asking God to save his life or he feels guilty for having killed people. Finally, on the background we can see an explosion probably caused by a napalm strike in the tropical jungle. I think this movie shows a very dramatic vision of the war with brutal and horrific scenes. Soldiers are portrayed as martyrs and as victims of the Vietnam war I like this poster because even having seen the movie I can imagine the story and the themes.

To conclude I would say that the aspect of war on screen depends of the movie. Those posters confirm that sometimes soldiers are heroes and sometimes they are victims. But as Harry Patch said, said “War is organized murder, nothing less”. I side with Harry Patch because only a few soldiers can be heroes and the others are normal people. Indeed, some wars are fought for reasons that may not be justified. In the Vietnam war, a lot of young American soldiers did not feel concerned by the conflict, and they must have been traumatised by what they saw and did.

Réponse: Oral/Myths and Heroes de laure95, postée le 19-05-2016 à 11:05:36 (S | E)
    Bonjour,
    - what vision of war art reflects?: mal construit.

- recited at (in)ceremonies,
    - I think the (pas de the) soldiers can be qualified

- They wear (présent be+-ing)a war costume (pluriel)
    - The angle shot used is (article) close-up
    - But does art represent soldiers always as heroes? : always n'est pas à la bonne place.

- Finally, on (in) the background

- To conclude I would say that the aspect of war on screen depends of (on)the movie.
    - But as Harry Patch said, said

Réponse: Oral/Myths and Heroes de picaxe, postée le 19-05-2016 à 21:51:03 (S | E)
    Merci beaucoup de votre réponse. Voici la correction mais je ne vois pas comment corriger cette phrase : e can wonder what vision of war art reflects? Cordialement

Good morning, today, I am going to talk about the notion of Myths and heroes. First of all, a myth is a theme or character type representing an idea. A hero is someone with noble qualities, and great courage who sacrifices himself for his nation or other people. This year in class we studied several documents about war on screen and the vision of war heroes in Hollywood. That’s why, we can wonder what vision of war art reflects? First of all, to answer this question we will focus on the values of American soldiers. Then we will analyse how war films represent soldiers as heroes before finally focusing on victims of the war on screen. To illustrate this theme, we will work on three documents.

The first document I have chosen is the Soldier’s Creed. It reflects a set of Army Values by which all Soldiers live: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. These principles define who Soldiers are and who they aspire to become, as individuals and as part of a team. The Creed is taught in basic training and recited in ceremonies, in public and at the conclusion of training. The people who join the army are volunteers and want to pledge allegiance to their country. I think soldiers can be qualified as heroes because they are courageous and determined. To me, a hero is a normal person, who one day faces a danger or a problem. At this moment he is ready to risk it all to do something exceptional for the others. Just like soldiers who are ready to save someone else. But art has a nuanced view of the war. Sometimes they are considered as heroes, sometimes or not.

Secondly, the next document is a poster of the film entitled “Saving Private Ryan” directed by Steven Spielberg in 1998. The film is based on a Second World War story. In the background we can see four men. They are wearing a war costumes and helmets so they are soldiers. The angle shot used is a close-up so we can see in details their expressions. They look focused on their missions. In the foreground we can see a man in the shadow, probably private Ryan. There is a tag line on the bottom of the poster: “the mission is a man”. We can imagine that the heroes played by Matt Damon and Tom Hanks, have the order to find Ryan and bring him back. To my mind, the soldiers seem to be very brave and dedicated, ready to sacrifice their own lives for their mission. They look courageous and heroic. They have the values of the soldier’s creed. But does art always represent soldiers as heroes?

Finally, the last document I have chosen is a poster of the film entitled “Platoon” directed by Oliver Stone in 1987. This film poster is an extremely effective and informative one. The first thing that we notice is the title “Platoon”, written in red, a colour which has connotations of danger and death, as it is associated with blood. The “O” letters are represented by dog tags which are very iconic of the military. In the middle we can see a man but we can’t see his face. He seems desperate and helpless. He is dressed up in a dirty uniform showing us that he has been through a lot of traumatic fighting. He’s kneeling on the ground and he looks like Jesus Christ on the cross. He may be asking God to save his life or he feels guilty for having killed people. Finally, in the background we can see an explosion probably caused by a napalm strike in the tropical jungle. I think this movie shows a very dramatic vision of the war with brutal and horrific scenes. Soldiers are portrayed as martyrs and as victims of the Vietnam war I like this poster because even having seen the movie I can imagine the story and the themes.

To conclude I would say that the aspect of war on screen depends on the movie. Those posters confirm that sometimes soldiers are heroes and sometimes they are victims. But as Harry Patch said, “War is organized murder, nothing less”. I side with Harry Patch because only a few soldiers can be heroes and the others are normal people. Indeed, some wars are fought for reasons that may not be justified. In the Vietnam war, a lot of young American soldiers did not feel concerned by the conflict, and they must have been traumatised by what they saw and did.

Réponse: Oral/Myths and Heroes de laure95, postée le 20-05-2016 à 11:53:05 (S | E)
    Bonjour,
    - That’s why, we can wonder what vision of war art reflects?: ok mais enlever le point d'interrogation car c'est une question indirecte.
    - To me: for me.
    - Sometimes they are considered as heroes, sometimes (enlever sometimes)or not.
    - a (enlever A)war costumes and helmets

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux