Oral/Spaces and ExchangesCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de alizeze posté le 20-05-2016 à 23:57:30 (S | E | F)
Je poste mon texte écrit pour mon oral d'anglais du Bac sur la notion Spaces and exchanges. J’espère que quelqu'un m'aidera pour corriger mes fautes sachant que je n'ai pas un bon niveau d'anglais.
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses!
I'm going to talk about the notion of spaces and exchanges. First of all, a space can be geographic like a country… , or chronological through the time, or else symbolic with a culture… . The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other. The exchanges can take several forms: a flow of people, trade, information… . Documents chosen are mainly about immigration to the United-States. What is the origin and the impact of American minorities, through the time? The immigration of black people to the United States searching the American Dream in 20th century, at the impact of Hispanic immigrants workforce on the US economy.
Firstly, the document “The Louisville Flood” is a black and white photo taken in 1937 by Margaret Bourke-White. The foreground and the background are opposed. Indeed, in the foreground African-Americans are queuing up, with carrying bags, waiting patiently to be given some food after the 1937 flood in Kentucky after, moreover, the Great Depression in 30s. They must have lost everything and must live below the poverty line. In the background, there is a billboard that promotes the American way of life a typical WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant= the archetype of the white American descendant of Protestant immigrants) of middle-class family: to be happy, to have a high standard of living (car,…). So, we note a cutting contrast between the rich and the poor. Furthermore, on the billboard a possible ironic slogan emphasizes the contrast between the ideals of the nation and the grim reality. Immigrants are attracted by the American Dream. The immigrants came to America to flee oppressions and poverty, for freedom and success. This view of the USA is idealized, there is no allusion to immigrants who built the nation. A segregation is taking place against colored people.
This searching of American Dream by (black) immigrants, component American minorities like black people in 1900', illustrate a geographic exchange of people between countries principally after the Black slavery. Besides, an exchange of culture with the extension of the American way of life.
To my mind, immigrants were excluded from the system, despite their impact on the development of this nation, on the formation of this power represented in the American Dream. So, black people immigrated at 20th century but, now, is a new minority who have an impact in the USA, Hispanic immigrants.
Secondly, the cartoon “Uncle Sam” published in KAL the economist in 2008. Uncle Sam symbolize America's pride and power but, in this cartoon, he show the contrary. In fact, Uncle Sam looks old and weak, he is crouching and he looks anxious. There are other characters, probably Hispanic immigrants, taking care of Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam looks shocked to see a worker coming out of his hat, which shows he was not aware of the importance these immigrants hold for the country's well-being. In the context of the last few decades, immigrants, legal and illegal particularly from Mexico, were flocking to the US by the millions. The cartoonist tries to portray today's American society. Uncle Sam' s image is changing, his power is declining and immigrants help keep the country a float. A tone more pathetic than funny, with stereotypes and harsh feeling about immigrants, this cartoon represent the rest of the population ignore the work they do, though they represent a necessary workforce.
Similarly at the first document, the notion of geographic exchange is represented with immigrant, the economic exchange with the power of Hispanic immigrants on US economy. There is also, the space of the United Sates. This minority, attracted by a new American Dream, take more and more sweep in this country.
American minorities, like Black people or Hispanics from immigration, are attracted across the time by the American Dream developing. The research of prosperity in 1900' or the research of work for money nowadays, results in an ignorance of the minorities who are, yet, built the nation, in the past, and now, support the US economy.
However, The USA are an example, the globalization favor countries of North due to its advanced development unlike the South. This is why people from the South try to reach the North for live a better life and improve their way of life. Unfortunately, this country can not support these waves of immigration.
Modifié par lucile83 le 21-05-2016 07:41
Réponse: Oral/Spaces and Exchanges de laure95, postée le 22-05-2016 à 14:09:37 (S | E)
- a space can be geographic (geographical) like a country… ,
- or chronological through the (pas de the)time, or else symbolic (symbolical)with a (pas de a) culture… .
- The (pas de the)exchanges can take several forms:
- (the)Documents chosen are mainly about immigration to the United-States.
- What is (pluriel)the origin and the impact of American minorities, through the (pas de the)time?
- Indeed, in the foreground African-Americans are queuing up, with (enlever with)carrying bags,
-to flee oppressions (singulier) and poverty,
- A (pas de a) segregation is taking place against colored people.
- So, black people immigrated at (in)20th century but, now, (sujet)is a new minority who have (faute de conjugaison) an impact in the
- Uncle Sam symbolize (faute de conjugaison) America's pride
- he show (faute de conjugaison)the contrary.
- immigrants, legal and illegal: ordre des mots.
- by the millions: ?
- immigrants help (to) keep the country a float.
- (article)harsh feeling about immigrants,
- this cartoon represent (faute de conjugaison)
- Similarly at (to) the first document, the notion of geographic exchange is represented with immigrant (pluriel)
- This minority, attracted by a new American Dream, take (faute de conjugaison)more and more sweep in this country.
- American minorities, like Black people or Hispanics from immigration, are attracted (present perfect)across the time
- the minorities who are, yet, built the nation: temps?
- the globalization favor (faute de conjugaison) countries of (article)North
- This is why people from the South try to reach the North for (to)live a better life and improve their way of life.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais