Cours de français gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

• Accueil
  • Accès rapides
  • Imprimer
  • Livre d'or
  • Plan du site
  • Recommander
  • Signaler un bug
  • Faire un lien

• Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon de français !

> Recommandés:
    -Jeux gratuits
    -Nos autres sites

Aide/friendship

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Aide/friendship
    Message de ameliekzd posté le 01-06-2016 à 13:17:20 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour à tous,
    j'aimerais savoir s'il est possible que quelqu'un m'aide à corriger mes fautes sur mes oraux en lele s'il vous plait, ça m'aiderait beaucoup!
    Merci pour vos réponses.

 I’m going to deal with the theme “Encountering others, love and friendship” through the topic of “LOSS”. This term can embody several aspects. It can be, metaphorical, or, at the opposite, really concrete in life of someone. The notion of loss is timeless. Indeed, we are going to see that, it inspires authors to, tell story, transcribe historical events, or transcribe autobiographic elements in any century.
    So, I’m going to wonder, in what extent, authors give us an epitome of loss?
    First, in an extract from an epistolary novel write by Samuel Richardson in 1740,
    Then, in a poem of Walt witman write in 1865, that is my personal document,
    Finally, in a poem of Wystan Hugh Auden write in 1938.

I/ Letter 1: extract from the novel “Pamela or virtue Rewarded” (1740)
     To begin with, the 18th century called “The Enlightenment” saw the development of the modern novel as literary genre and the apparition of a subgenre that is the epistolary novel. One of the most famous writer of this genre was Samuel Richardson, especially with “Pamela or virtue rewarded” write in 1740. Indeed it was the best-seller of its time.
     Here we are at the very beginning of the novel; it is Pamela 1st letter, a pretty servant, to her parents in which she recalls the death of her “dear mistress”. Pamela was very attached to her and she expresses her grief, but at the same time she tries to stay strong. In this extract, the author illustrates the value this relationship had for Pamela through the fact that Lady B was more than a mistress, she was her landmarks, a friend and a motherly figure.
    Richardson epitomize the loss with the genre of the letter, by the way that the mourning’s atmosphere is magnifies; indeed, it can be feel by the reader because he has the impression, that Pamela speaking directly to him, so, he shares his pain and becomes compassionate.

II/ Poem: “O Captain! My Captain” (1865)
     Then, in 19th century, writers moved toward a new style called “realism”.
    Realists are inspired by contemporary events of their time and generally they wrote it trough novels. But here, the writer Walt Withman appropriated this movement with a poem entitled “O Captain! My Captain”. It’s a realist work because Whitman composed it after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865. This poem became over the time, his most popular.

Just like in the letter of Pamela, this poem is a declaration of a huge devotion from a modest person, here: a sailor to an important person in society. Indeed, the poem begins with an exclamation addressing the captain of a ship, that is to say, the president Lincoln.
    I have chosen this document as, here; the loss closes paradoxically the 2 characters. The sailor allows himself to illustrate Lincoln just as a human and not a president. He talks about the Captain as a father. As a matter of fact, this underlines the fact Withman see Linoln as the father of the new reunited union. I find that it permits to illustrate loss in a way honorable even if the expression of sadness prevails.

III/ Poem: “Funeral blues” (1938)
     Finally, 20th century was a century mark by a lot of movements like expressionism, surrealism or modernism. Auden was a part of the modernist movement especially in his poem “Funeral blues” write in 1938 which many assume is written about the loss of lover, a male lover.
     The title of this poem, also calling “Stop all the clock” shows the authors desire to eliminate all distractions and bring attention to the subject matter at hand. Just like “O captain! My captain”, this work is a classical elegy. The poet uses a lot of metaphor like “My north, My south, my east and west” that shows how the deceased was the sense of direction in his life. Moreover, he uses the imperative to shows that for him, the whole world must stop. He incorrectly thought their love would last forever.
    Here, Auden captures the experience of grief, memory, devastation, and longing so poignantly that we don't need our own words to express how we feel. We have his.
    Still, we wonder if words just aren't quite enough. Sometimes that grief goes beyond words, and into silence. That is something this poem addresses, too the necessary quiet that comes with mourning.

CONCLUSION:
     To conclude, I can say that, even if “Loss” is showed through different situations here, these 3 works provoke a huge emotion to us. Here the literary genre which are; letter and poems with imply of the pronoun “I”; give us the impression that we are living the situation of mourning with characters. The strength of these 3 works is creating by the fact that they intend to be tell, heard and shared with the whole world.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 01-06-2016 13:30

Réponse: Aide/friendship de here4u, postée le 01-06-2016 à 15:03:54 (S | E)
    Hello !

I won't have enough time to correct the whole exercise now... Anyway, I start...

 I’m going to deal with the theme “Encountering others, love and friendship” through the topic of “LOSS”. This term can embody several aspects. It can be, metaphorical, or, at the opposite, really concrete in life of someone. The notion of loss is timeless. Indeed, we are going to see that, it inspires authors to, tell story, transcribe historical events, or transcribe autobiographic elements in any century.
    So, I’m going to wonder, in what extent, authors give us an epitome of loss?(attention au mélange d'interrogative directe et indirecte!)
    First, in an extract from an epistolary novel write by Samuel Richardson in 1740,
    Then, in a poem of Walt witman write in 1865, that is my personal document,
    Finally, in a poem of Wystan Hugh Auden write in 1938.

I/ Letter 1: extract from the novel “Pamela or virtue Rewarded” (1740)
     To begin with, the 18th century called “The Enlightenment” saw the development of the modern novel as literary genre and the apparition of a subgenre that is the epistolary novel. One of the most famous writer of this genre was Samuel Richardson, especially with “Pamela or virtue rewarded” write in 1740. Indeed it was the best-seller of its time.
     Here we are at the very beginning of the novel; it is Pamela 1st letter, ??? a pretty servant, to her parents in which she recalls the death of her “dear mistress”. Pamela was very attached to her and she expresses her grief, but at the same time she tries to stay strong. In this extract, the author illustrates the value this relationship had for Pamela through the fact that Lady B was more than a mistress, she was her landmarks, a friend and a motherly figure.
    Richardson epitomize the loss with the genre of the letter, by the way that(clumsy) the mourning’s atmosphere is magnifies; indeed, it can be feel by the reader because he has the impression, that Pamela speaking directly to him, so, he shares his pain and becomes compassionate.

II/ Poem: “O Captain! My Captain” (1865)
     Then, in THE 19th century, writers moved toward a new style called “realism”.
    Realists are inspired by contemporary events of their time and generally they wrote it??? (not clear!) trough novels. But here, the writer Walt Withman appropriated this movement with a poem entitled “O Captain! My Captain”. It’s a realist work because Whitman composed it after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865. This poem became over the time, his most popular.word order ...

Just like in the letter of Pamela, this poem is a declaration of a huge devotion from a modest person, here: a sailor to an important person in society. Indeed, the poem begins with an exclamation addressing the captain of a ship, that is to say, the president Lincoln.
    I have chosen this document as, here; the loss closes paradoxically the 2 characters. The sailor allows himself to illustrate Lincoln just as a human BEING and not as a president. He talks about the Captain as a father. As a matter of fact, this underlines the fact Withman see Linoln as the father of the new reunited union. I find that it permits to illustrate loss in a way honorable even if the expression of sadness prevails.

Réponse: Aide/friendship de ameliekzd, postée le 02-06-2016 à 08:16:19 (S | E)
    Merci beaucoup pour vos corrections! Cela va bien m'aider!
    Par contre je ne comprends pas que signifie le surlignage en bleu?
    Et à la fin lorsque j'ai dit: "I find that it permits to illustrate loss in a way honorable" Pensez-vous que je ne dois pas le dire dans mon oral?

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 02-06-2016 11:59

Réponse: Aide/friendship de bluestar, postée le 02-06-2016 à 11:24:08 (S | E)
    Bonjour,
    Texte surligne en bleu indique une erreur. -
    Il peut être une erreur dans l'orthographe , la grammaire , ou de l'ordre des mots. Par exemple, 'write' (written); 'loss in a way honorable' (an honorable way - adjectifs devant des noms en anglais); 'it can be feel by the reader' (il faut le participe passe 'felt') etc.,
    C'est à vous de corriger les erreurs indiquées en bleu

Réponse: Aide/friendship de ameliekzd, postée le 02-06-2016 à 18:52:26 (S | E)
    D'accord, merci pour ces précisions. Je vais tenter de voir ce qu'il y a à changer mais je ne vois pas trop ce que je dois changer, j'ai de grosses lacunes en grammaire en anglais...

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 02-06-2016 22:27

Réponse: Aide/friendship de lucile83, postée le 02-06-2016 à 22:30:29 (S | E)
    Hello,
    Voyez bien car nous ne ferons pas le travail à votre place.
    Quand des mots sont surlignés en bleu c'est parce qu'il y a une ou des fautes.A vous de chercher les erreurs.

Réponse: Aide/friendship de muddle16, postée le 10-06-2016 à 10:32:18 (S | E)
    Coucou ! Bonjour,
    Tu n'as pas de grosses fautes, mais pense bien a mettre un "s" à la fin d'un verbe à la troisième personne, et par exemple tu écris "novel write by Samuel", alors qu'on dit "a novel written by + nom de l'auteur" ou "written in + date".
    Idem pour "life of someone", la marque de l'appartenance c'est " 's ", donc "someone's life".
    J'espère avoir pu t'aider un peu

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 10-06-2016 10:57

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Recevez une leçon par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU DE FRANÇAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
    Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provencal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] [Plan du site] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
    | Cours et exercices de français 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux