Notion/Mythes et hérosCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de xxguizmo95xx posté le 30-04-2017 à 12:56:21 (S | E | F)
J'aimerais avoir un petit coup de main : est-ce possible de corriger les principales erreurs dans ce texte s'il vous plaît ?
I'm going to talk about the notion of myth and heroes. To start with, I'd like to give a definition of heroes. A myth is a popular belief and tradition or false idea. A hero is a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be the myth of the frontier. We may wonder to what extent did the founding myth of the frontier shape the american mind.
To illustrate this notion, i will speak about 3 documents. In first, i will present the myth of the frontier and secondly the american mind.
Finally we will see how the myth of the border is still present today
The first document I have chosen is a painting. This painting by J.GAST entitled American progress. Is probably the best representation of the expansion of the US.
The autor supports the myth of frontier.
- In front of the painting we saw the Columbia and in the background the pionners. He also praises Columbia, a feminine figure in a with gown, symbolizes the frontier and is a personification of the us.
- She comes to educate people she brings progress and develops civilazation as she moves westwards.
- She embodies Manifest Destiny.
This document illustrates an aspect of the notion in that it, the myth of the frontier is present.
- Indeed, on the painting we see the frontier that extend and the pionners who have conquered this frontier.
- The line of the frontier marking the border zone of colonization.
The second document have chosen is a text. This text by Larry McMurtry entitled "Danger Ahead".
- In this text, the reader is presented with a hostile and wild environment. They are Cowboys chasing Indians in order to expand the American territory westwards.
- In the text Augustus is realistic, he remains sensible and Col is reluctant to abandon their pursuit.
- The autor show the american mind, because the pioneers was describe as an heroes who want conquest these territories to have acess to new opportunities and better prospects
The third document i have chosen is a text. His name is conquering market.
- In this text the us are looking for new market. Indeed they want conquered China.
- The autor remains neutral because in the text, the conquest of china has failed but the us have conquered many other market in the world.
The message conveyed in this text is that the frontier of the us has no limits.
To conclude I totally agree with the idea that the americans was a pioneers. Indeed they conquest the America and they have create a society and today they also a pionners but in a diferent form because they have conquest space and different economics markets.
The idea of the frontier initiated in the 19 th century carries on today. American people are still on the go, and they willl continue to cross new frontiers and to reach their diverse goals.
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-04-2017 16:47
Réponse : Notion/Mythes et héros de laure95, postée le 30-04-2017 à 15:10:38 (S | E)
-A hero is a person who is admired for their (mettre le possessif au singulier) courage,
- We may wonder to what extent did the founding myth of the frontier shape the american mind: question indirecte : mot interrogatif + sujet + verbe conjugué.
- In (pas de in)first, i (majuscule)will present the myth of the frontier and secondly the american (majuscule) mind.
- This painting by J.GAST (is) entitled American progress. (sujet?)Is probably the best representation of the expansion
-The autor supports the myth of frontier.
- In front of the painting: ?
- we saw (présent)the (pas de the)Columbia
- in a with gown: ?
in that it,the myth of the frontier is present:?
- Indeed, on the painting we (can)see the frontier that extend (faute de conjugaison)and te pionners who have conquered this frontier.
The second document (I) have chosen is a text. This text by Larry McMurtry (is)entitled "Danger Ahead".
- the reader is presented with a hostile and wild environment: ?
- They are (they are = ils sont)Cowboys chasing Indians
- The autor show (faute de conjugaison) the american (majuscule)mind, because the pioneers was (passé)describe (participe passé)as an heroes (a + singulier)who want (to)conquest (pas le bon mot)these territories to have acess (faute de conjugaison)
The third document i (majuscule)have chosen is a text. His (pas le bon possessif, un texte n'est une personne)name is conquering market.
- Indeed they want conquered (infinitif avec to)China.
- many other market (pluriel)in the world.
-no limits: singulier
the americans (majuscule)was (faute de conjugaison)a pioneers (a + singulier). Indeed they conquest (pas le bon mot + passé)the America and they have create (participe passé)a society
- and today they (verbe?)also a pionners b(a+ singulier)ut in a diferent form because they have conquest (pas le bon mot) space and different economics (pas le bon mot)markets.
Réponse : Notion/Mythes et héros de xxguizmo95xx, postée le 01-05-2017 à 12:48:28 (S | E)
Merci bien !
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais