Idea of progress/BacCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de clemencenrd posté le 06-05-2017 à 12:08:05 (S | E | F)
j'ai mes oraux d'anglais la semaine prochaine et j'aurais bien voulu que quelqu'un corrige mon exposé s'il vous plait.
I’m going to present the notion of « the idea of progress ». First of all I’m going to give a definition. The idea of progress basically consist in believing that the world can become better un terms of art, sciences, technology and liberty. The progress can be defined as an improvement, a development or a change. But a progress isn’t always good, it can be a negativ progress. In a few domains the progress is present like the technologie, environment, population.
This year in class we studied several documents about the idea of progress. The first document is a video of a woman who talk about « the zero waste life ». Everyday and everywhere in the world, tons and tons of refuse are laying. Sadly, only 20% are recycled. Today it’s a real problem for our planet because the pollution destroy and invade the forest, city, sea and ocean. Refuse kill many animals because they eat this in the sea. The people don’t be careful and put her trashes anywhere. Lauren Singer has adopt by 3 years the zero waste lifestyle. In the video she shows a little bocal and she saids « This is all of the trash that I’ve produced in the past 3 years ». The sentence seams absurd but it’s the reality. This women has decided to live without polluting the planet. This decision is a real example for all the people because if everybody make as Lauren, the world will be better. This example of life is a big positive progress because it help the environment to be better.
The second document that we have seen is a film whose names « The birth of a nation ». This movie talk about the black population in 1831. In Southampton, in Virginia, the Afro-american Nat Turner lead a revolution of black people, that they be free or slaves. Nat Turner represent the progress of the equalities in the population. Black people was treat like second-grad citizens by the white population. This movie is very emotional because he shows the horror and the exactions of the white people in the 1800s. The afro-American Nat who fights for the liberty driven these brother in a better life and a better world for black people. The young equalities between the different population it’s a idea of progress because it’s a real changement for our world.
thirsty, I would like to talk about a series that I have watch. Her name is « Black mirror ». The show looks inwards, at the darker aspects of humanity and society. This is done through the theme of technology, hence the second meaning. The black mirror is the screen that rules our lives. Taking contemporary phenomena (ranging from the wild popularity of talent shows on TV to the impact of social media and smartphones on our lives) as a starting point and speculate how such phenomena could/would evolve in the future. This show shows the new technologies isn’t always good and that the futur could be compromise because of new technologies. « Black mirror » shows that idea of progress isn’t be always a good thing and it’s important to be careful with technologies.
To conclude, progress evolved every time. No matter the domain, we create, discoverer and change things. However we should keep in mind that like in everything, there are advantages and inconvenient. Nothing is perfect and it is possible that we do many errors. Sometimes it is right and sometimes wrong.
We must also not forget the moral aspect or consequences that the progress can have on people too.
I have the feeling that it must have a limit based firstly on respect of living beings. Every day we try to change the world, we try to fight inequalities like Nelson Mandela and every day we try to make our world a better place with new technologies or new decisions for the environment. I’d say progress is neither all good or all bad.
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-05-2017 21:12
Réponse : Idea of progress/Bac de laure95, postée le 06-05-2017 à 18:05:13 (S | E)
- The idea of progress basically consist (faute de conjugaison)in believing
-un : ?
- The (pas de the)progress
- But a (pas de a)progress isn’t always good
- negativ : orthographe.
- the progress
- the technologie: pas de the + orthographe.
- The first document is a video of a woman who talk (faute de conjugaison)about
- the (pas de the) pollution destroy and invade (faute de conjugaison aux 2 verbes)
- Refuse kill (faute de conjugaison)many animals
- The (pas de the)people don’t be (revoir forme négative de be)careful and put her (pas le bon possessif)trashes anywhere.
- Lauren Singer has adopt (participe passé)by (pas la bonne préposition)3 years the zero waste lifestyle.
- she saids: temps?
- This women (singulier)has decided
- if everybody make (faute de conjugaison)as L(pas le bon mot ici)auren,
- it help: faute de conjugaison.
- The second document that we have seen is a film whose names (singulier + verbe?)
- This movie talk (un film ne parle pas)about the black population in 1831.
- the Afro-american (majuscule) Nat Turner lead (faute de conjugaison)a revolution
- that they be free or slaves: ?
- Nat Turner represent (faute de conjugaison)the progress of the (pas de the)equalities in the population.
- Black people was treat (participe passé) like (a)second-grad citizens (singulier)
- because he (pas le bon pronom, un film n'est pas une personne) shows the horror
- driven these brother: ?
- The young equalities: ?
- between the different population (pluriel) it’s a idea (a+ mot commençant par une consonne)of progress because it’s a real changement (mot français) for our world.
-thirsty: avoir soif?
- I have Watch (participe passé) Her (pas le bon possessif) name is « Black mirror ».
- the new technologies isn’t (faute de conjugaison)always good and that the futur (orthographe)could be compromise (participe passé)because of new technologies.
- (article)idea of progress isn’t be (enlever be)always a good thing
- To conclude, progress (has)evolved every time.
- the progress: pas de the.
- based firstly on (article) respect of living (human pas living) beings.
- I’d say progress is neither all good (n)or all bad.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais