Places and forms of power/aideCours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas
Message de roty posté le 13-05-2017 à 19:04:22 (S | E | F)
Je souhaiterais si possible qu'on me corrige mes fautes d'orthographe et de grammaire s'il vous plaît vous plait.
I will present the notion places and forms of power. First of all i would like to give a defenition of this notion. The power is the ability or capacity to do something, to influence the behaviour of orthers with or without resistance. The power can be political, social, financial, force of influence.
There are as well counter power. A counter power is a force that can used by the oppressed to counterbalance or erode the power exercised by someone. We will try in two part to answer at this problematic : how is the counter power exercised today ? First, we will talk about the fourth power. Then we talk about the citizens movements.
I- The fourth power
The fourth power is the power of media. In class we have studied a document about the difference between yesterday's and today's news media. On this picture we can see a younger who use smart phones and his father who read newspaper. In fact, the way people can get the news has changed and is very different nowadays. It also shows that with today's mobiles people can do a lots of things, such as reading online news paper, listenning to music … the cartopnist would be show the end of the paper news era and the beginning of the digital era. More and more printed newspaper will disappear in the years to come, because of the easy free access to the news via smart phones. Printed newspapers are not as attractive or important for americans as they used to be. This lack of interest in noticeable among young readers.
Moreover we saw « the rise of the free press ». The document highlights the circulation of free press. In many countries the free press in developing to the detriment of the paying press. The free press permits to reduce the inequalities between people. The economics and social consequences are te decline of tradicional press and that will lead to the destruction of many jobs. In addition, the free press so popular in modern society because lack time to read traditional press but also they don't have to pay for the information and it can be found almost everywhere in major cities.
So the fourth power was chanhed over time and it takes more and more places in the life of young poeple but also in the life of older people.
II- Citizens movements
The counter power is progressing ans is propagating thanks to several action. For example we have studied a picture about greenpeace activists who try to stop oil exploration off Alaska coast. In the picture we can see two smaller inflatable boats on which is written « STOP » in block letters in front of the big tanker. Greenpeace is association wants to stop deforestation and fight to protect the environment. He is a hope for hearth, it fights against global warming by promoting renewable energies.
Besides, we can see a cartoon « the arrest » by Clay Bennett published in two thousand eleven (2011).in this cartoon we can be observe a policeman who arrest a citizens who advocate for « the Occupy Wall Street ». The demonstrator is being arrested simply for occuping the street.
Meanwhile the thieves go unpunished. They can go stealing money without being distrurbed or arrested. The robbers obviously stand for the world of finance, bankers and trader, who can make huge profits by speculating. They are known as the one per cent (1%) that is to say, the wealthy people wo get richer every day opposed to the rest of the population, the ninety-nne per cent (99%) who works hard for a living and have no choice but to take the street to bring about changes.
In the US, calls for change and protest movement against corporate power are multiplying.
In this part, we can be observe how the counter power acted. So the power here is a power of influence with denuciation.
to conclude, we could say the counter power are exercised with a soft power because they don't use the violence they use manifestation and shock picture. More over, the media would change the way of diffuse the information because they would affect more people with free press and newspapers online. This is how the counter power is exercised.
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-05-2017 07:14
Réponse : Places and forms of power/aide de laure95, postée le 15-05-2017 à 18:04:24 (S | E)
- i: majuscule.
- The (pas de the) power is the ability
- The power
- (article)force of influence.
- There are as well counter power (pluriel).
- We will try in two part (pluriel) to answer at (pas de at) this problematic
- Then we (will) talk about the citizens (marque de la possession)movements.
I- The fourth power
- the power of (article)media.
- a younger: a Young boy or girl?
- who use (présent en be+-ing) (possessif)smart phones
- and his father who read (même temps) (article)newspaper.
- news paper: pluriel.
- would be (enlever be)show
-the paper news era: mal construit.
- More and more printed newspaper (pluriel)will disappear
- americans: majuscule.
- the free press in (is pas in) developing
- The free press permits to reduce the(pas de the) inequalities between people.
- The economics (pas de s)and social consequences are te decline of tradicional (orthographe)press
- because lack time to read traditional press : ?
- So the fourth power was (has pas was) chanhed over time
- and it takes more and more places (pas de s)
II- Citizens movements
- several action:pluriel.
- greenpeace (majuscule) (marque de la possession)activists
- on which (sujet)is written « STOP »
- Greenpeace is (article)association (relatif)wants
- He (pas le bon pronom)is a hope for hearth,
- a policeman who arrest (présent en be+-ing) a citizens (singulier)who advocate (même temps) for « the Occupy Wall Street ».
- occuping: orthographe.
- Meanwhile the (pas de the)thieves go unpunished.
- The (pas de the)robbers obviously stand for the world of finance, bankers and trader (pluriel)
- the ninety-nne per cent (99%) who works hard for a living and have (faute de conjugaison)no choice
- but to take the street to bring about changes: ?
- protest movement (pluriel)
- In this part, we can be (pas de be)observe how the counter power acted (présent).
- denuciation: il manque une lettre.
- the (pas de the) counter power (pluriel)are exercised with a soft power
- because they don't use the (pas de the)violence
- shock (participe passé)picture (pluriel)
- . More over: en un sel mot.
- This is how the (pas de the)counter power is exercised.
Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais